Andy Griffith/football fans gotta watch this

Help Support CattleToday:

Just seen that episode maybe 2 weeks ago. When i was 8-12 i would cry after losing a football game i didn`t after that but i understand how he feels but a grown man shouldn`t cry. If he was like me he wasn`t crying cause he was sad but cause he was mad at him self. Its still fun to laugh at him :lol:

Not really applicable. Everyone wins something nowadays just for participating.
For the Super Bowl, players on the winning team receive $165,000, while players on the losing team receive $117,000.
He's just crying because he didn't get to dab and found out Superman really can't fly after all, tho he did leave the post game interview almost as fast as a speeding bullet.

greybeard":1ppyvjia said:
Not really applicable. Everyone wins something nowadays just for participating.
For the Super Bowl, players on the winning team receive $165,000, while players on the losing team receive $117,000.
He's just crying because he didn't get to dab and found out Superman really can't fly after all, tho he did leave the post game interview almost as fast as a speeding bullet.
And you really believe that? Quite a few were crying if you watched it. Some even during the national anthem. I expect you've cried in the last 30 days. I know I have and am not ashamed of it. Money was the last thing the men on those teams were playing for.

Only time I've cried in the last year or so was over my brother's cancer--I certainly never have and won't do it over a game even when I was a kid.

greybeard":yj2vr5pf said:
Only time I've cried in the last year or so was over my brother's cancer--I certainly never have and won't do it over a game even when I was a kid.

Graybeard, I take it that you never made a quadruple boggy on the last hole of the
US Junior Amateur Golf Championship. Makes me cry everytime I think about it, last hole up by 2 strokes and choke. It sure is funny how one thing can completely change your life.

greybeard":3vcidfw5 said:
Golf? I'd have to leave the country if any of my family or acquaintances ever even thought I picked up a club.
+1 :lol:
greybeard if you never cried over a game as a kid you didn`t try hard enough or expect enough of your self

greybeard":1dqza7c5 said:
It's not the game. It's the lesson learned from the game that hurts.

greybeard":37wel2uh said:
Golf? I'd have to leave the country if any of my family or acquaintances ever even thought I picked up a club.

:lol2: :lol2:
I don't watch pro football so I don't know what's up with the video. I suspect some overpaid actor in a corrupt sport cried cause he didn't get his way.

Andy Griffith is one of the greatest shows of all time. :nod:

I have always told my children, if you worked your tail off to get there ane gave your very best effort, then you have nothing to cry about. Your opponent beat you head to head. Do not steal the glory of their victory. Hold your head high, as a worthy opponent, shake their hand, represent yourself, your family and your school with class and dignity. Now if deep in your gut, you didnt prepare or didn't give your best effort, you STILL DO NOT CRY. You just live with that feeling for the rest of your days. Point is: work hard, give your best and let the chips fall where they may. You don't have to be the best, you just have to give your best.

TexasBred":ua51720i said:
greybeard":ua51720i said:
It's not the game. It's the lesson learned from the game that hurts.
I learned that lesson from my father waay before I was old enough to play any games. I knew before I even started school I wouldn't always get my way no matter how hard I tried at any given task, and learned you learn more from failure than success. No sense crying over spilt milk, "so dry it up boy!" Carried that and other lessons into adulthood.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

bball":m3d5mdf2 said:
I have always told my children, if you worked your tail off to get there ane gave your very best effort, then you have nothing to cry about. Your opponent beat you head to head. Do not steal the glory of their victory. Hold your head high, as a worthy opponent, shake their hand, represent yourself, your family and your school with class and dignity. Now if deep in your gut, you didnt prepare or didn't give your best effort, you STILL DO NOT CRY. You just live with that feeling for the rest of your days. Point is: work hard, give your best and let the chips fall where they may. You don't have to be the best, you just have to give your best.
+1

I didn't watch the super bowl. In fact, I've never watched one, so I'm not sure what happened. I'm assuming someone broke down in tears.

I have cried after losing. I have cried after winning. Wish I could say I have done neither.

I have done the same watching my children compete.

For some people a sport transcends the normal parameters of life. I don't know if it's the love of the sport, the hard work that goes into it, the emotion of the day, or what.

Serious question:
Is being super competitive a bad thing?

Bigfoot":2nkr81ow said:
I didn't watch the super bowl. In fact, I've never watched one, so I'm not sure what happened. I'm assuming someone broke down in tears.

I have cried after losing. I have cried after winning. Wish I could say I have done neither.

I have done the same watching my children compete.

For some people a sport transcends the normal parameters of life. I don't know if it's the love of the sport, the hard work that goes into it, the emotion of the day, or what.

Serious question:
Is being super competitive a bad thing?
For me it was both the love of the sport and the hard work and feeling like a failure for me it didn`t matter how good a game i played if we lost i should have done better i was even mad at my self if we won and i didn`t think i did as good as i thought i should have. And dads don`t tell your kids well you did the best that you could do or that well you gave it your all because it`s like saying you did the best you could do and you still sucked

I was pretty competitive even at a young age when i was 8 and got done with a game the other kids would ask their dads or our coach if we won or not It would make me mad because we might lose by A LOT and they where not paying enough attention to know

Quote from vince lombardi winning isn`t everything, but wanting to win is.

A quote that i don`t know who made you show me a good loser and i`ll show you a loser

And it`s hard not to be disappointed in your self when you know. Almost all games are lost by the losers, not won by the winners

Some people have a love for sports, some never understand. I played for several years and never cared for ball. I could not see working that hard at something that did not make me money.

Latest posts