Android App for Cattle Inventory

Help Support CattleToday:

johndeerefarmer

Reaction score
Anybody know of a good app for keeping track of your cow/calf inventory? The American Angus Association has one but you have to join the association to use it. I have been using registered Angus bulls since '87 but am not a member of the association (as I don't sell registered stock) and don't care to pay $80 a year to join just for the privilege of using their app.

I basically just want something similar to the NCBA Redbook for my Motorola Atrix.

Thanks

I've never needed anything more than a little spiral notebook (free at the bank) and a ball point pen (also free at the bank). ;-)

Yes, I carry one of those but it has been so hot the last couple of summers that my ink is running and the pages are falling apart. I always have the cell phone so keeping records there would be convenient and I would have one less thing to remember to carry around:

Right now it's

Cell phone
Notebook and pen
Leatherman
Soapstone
Ear plugs,
Safety glasses
Mandatory John Deere cap
And underwear when I can remember to put them on. :lol:

just use your notebook feature or I have outlook and sync it with my phone so any date I enter something it transfer to my pc calender. I also time stamp my photos and upload them to photo bucket Automatically so i have a record

I use my calendar in the phone, record sex, tag #, mommas tag #, approximate birthweight.
Then I back it all up

I just looked that f track too. Of the 6 or so apps available it looks to be pretty good. No ratings yet, and I wonder how much the full app is.

What ever you use paper or electronic, back it up. I lost my calving records in a tornado once. It made an over all bad situation much worse. It was over a year and a half before I got everything back on paper the way I wanted them. Sure anybody can look at a cow that's springing, and tell she will calf. Its a pain in the you know what to have your herd with no breeding dates and calving dates.

Cattlemax now keeps the program on the cloud but is accessible through any smartphone with internet access. The mobile app is simplified. Full program is very good, imho.

Jim

I never back up my phone. I regularly back up my computer. So I text important data to myself so it ends up in it's own e-mail folder.