xy_DSC00838.jpg

xy_DSC00839.jpg

xy_DSC00847.jpg

xy_DSC00855.jpg

xy_DSC00857.jpg

xy_DSC00867.jpg

xy_DSC00726.jpg

xy_DSC00728.jpg

I have to say the red calves look the best....

When are you going to cull those sorry black cows and and convert your herd to all RED cattle?

Boy! I don't know? Good looking red cattle there. :nod: I like red cattle, Those blacks are dang good, keepem!
AND, Keep up the good work.

mnmtranching":1a60v7rw said:
Boy! I don't know? Good looking red cattle there. :nod: I like red cattle, Those blacks are dang good, keepem!
AND, Keep up the good work.

But did you notice on the other post a lot of those black calves came from red cows. :)

HD, I wish I could send you some. That pasture has dried up fast, the cows have finally decided to move into the hills for grass.

Jovid and mnmt, I like my red cows too, but DH likes to keep some blacks around. Right now we have a lot more red cows than black ones, plus almost all our heifers are red this year. Next year will be a bit different, more blacks than reds I think. Actually, it really doesn't matter a lot, as long as she's quiet and can raise a good calf, that is all that matters :cowboy: Right now we are running 4 black bulls, 1 red Angus and 1 hereford, so a lot of the calves are going to be black ones off red cows....

Well, thank you two. #165 is in the running for next year's 4H steer, every time I see him, I like him more.

#129 is out of one of if not the top cow in the herd. We've kept every heifer she has had, one of her 2 bull calves was a 4H steer, and the other we considered as a bull, he didn't turn out good enough for that, but my sisters tell me he tastes really good. 129 has 3 daughters and 3 grand-daughters that we've kept in the herd, 1 great-grand-daughter and the heifer calf in the picture that will probably both be kept as future replacements. She is a 7 year old cow, doesn't matter what bull we breed her to, she gives us a keeper every time, and her daughters are proving to be the same way. #124 (in the other thread) is one of her daughters, and #143 is one of the grand daughters

Latest posts