• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

And, What They've been Working On

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score

Jovid

Reaction score
I have to say the red calves look the best....

When are you going to cull those sorry black cows and and convert your herd to all RED cattle?

mnmtranching

Reaction score
Boy! I don't know? Good looking red cattle there. :nod: I like red cattle, Those blacks are dang good, keepem!
AND, Keep up the good work.

Jovid

Reaction score
mnmtranching":1a60v7rw said:
Boy! I don't know? Good looking red cattle there. :nod: I like red cattle, Those blacks are dang good, keepem!
AND, Keep up the good work.

But did you notice on the other post a lot of those black calves came from red cows. :)

OP
R

randiliana

Reaction score
HD, I wish I could send you some. That pasture has dried up fast, the cows have finally decided to move into the hills for grass.

Jovid and mnmt, I like my red cows too, but DH likes to keep some blacks around. Right now we have a lot more red cows than black ones, plus almost all our heifers are red this year. Next year will be a bit different, more blacks than reds I think. Actually, it really doesn't matter a lot, as long as she's quiet and can raise a good calf, that is all that matters :cowboy: Right now we are running 4 black bulls, 1 red Angus and 1 hereford, so a lot of the calves are going to be black ones off red cows....

3waycross

Reaction score
aussie_cowgirl":76qg7nic said:
They look awesome. I think I drooled a bit over 165 and 129.

You have good taste young lady. Those were my picks also.

OP
R

randiliana

Reaction score
Well, thank you two. #165 is in the running for next year's 4H steer, every time I see him, I like him more.

#129 is out of one of if not the top cow in the herd. We've kept every heifer she has had, one of her 2 bull calves was a 4H steer, and the other we considered as a bull, he didn't turn out good enough for that, but my sisters tell me he tastes really good. 129 has 3 daughters and 3 grand-daughters that we've kept in the herd, 1 great-grand-daughter and the heifer calf in the picture that will probably both be kept as future replacements. She is a 7 year old cow, doesn't matter what bull we breed her to, she gives us a keeper every time, and her daughters are proving to be the same way. #124 (in the other thread) is one of her daughters, and #143 is one of the grand daughters

Latest posts