And We're Out!

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
Gasoline and diesel that is. Long lines hit this morning and last I heard only one place in town had gas. They were expecting that to come to an end shortly. Next town to the west had a little diesel and long lines for gas about an hour ago while I was over there. Once again the media has scared the bejesus out of everyone. Glad I have an auxiliary tank.

They did that here with eclipse. Folks panicked and the groceries were annihilated leading up to the big event. It's too bad, but the media has learned that more sensational they can make it, the more money they will make.

Bestoutwest":ssd1ze4a said:
They did that here with eclipse. Folks panicked and the groceries were annihilated leading up to the big event. It's too bad, but the media has learned that more sensational they can make it, the more money they will make.

Went up a nickel here. News is all over the horror of it! May go up as much as a quarter! You Texans think you got it rough, "we will have to pay $5.00 more a tank for fuel in our SUV. We budget out gas money don't know how we will make it."

Not shytting you a woman on the news spoke those words. People have no clue!

Hasn't jumped that much in the Richmond area yet KT. Of course I haven't looked since the 6 o'clock news sounded the alarm so it might have doubled since then. When will people learn?

They said in the KC news that gas could go up as much as $1 per gallon. The last 2 days it has gone up 40 cents, some places more.

We are up a couple of dimes or so, mostly. Some reports of $1 or so more at certain independent stations. I had just filled up and with the auxiliary tank I have 65 gallons on board.

kenny thomas":2tct6jjc said:
Got a call its .40 higher in Virginia. I'm staying,60 + miles from where I'm working so hope I,can get some,tomorrow.

Jacked ours by by almost that much today in upstate NY. They'll gouge anytime they can. Probably keep prices up too, even after the issues are fixed

boondocks":1fm64xev said:
kenny thomas":1fm64xev said:
Got a call its .40 higher in Virginia. I'm staying,60 + miles from where I'm working so hope I,can get some,tomorrow.

Jacked ours by by almost that much today in upstate NY. They'll gouge anytime they can. Probably keep prices up too, even after the issues are fixed

If you get gouged it's by your neighborhood jobber that lives somewhere in your area.
The link that I provided gives what they are all getting on the market.
Look at conventional gasoline Gulf Coast, New York or Los Angles for the terminal price.
When I retired we targeted one penny a gallon over operatin cost for profit.
That made the refinery profitable to the tune of 100 mil a year.
To answer Askme ? Some could be down up to a year depending on the flood damage. That is a ton of pump and compresser motors that have to be gone through along with a lot of instruments.

Here it is again
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/pet_pri_spt_s1_d.htm

kenny thomas":3e1cb9kq said:

Kenny, in a quite a few places here (in Va) it has gone up close to hat, just in the last few days. Each day it seems there's an increase of 10 cents.

Latest posts