And We're Out!

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":30wcnvol said:
True Grit Farms":30wcnvol said:
There's no fuel shortage in Canada, it's just expensive.

$.01 per liter in Venzuela. Nobody has $.01 though.
If anyone did they would but 100 thousand of them together and buy a roll of toilet paper or maybe part of a roll

True Grit Farms":v202xgdz said:
There's no fuel shortage in Canada, it's just expensive.
That's just the norm here though... I'm sure prices will jump $.30/gal because of this great excuse.. Normal price is about $3.50 /gal over the last year

I understand that there is a disruption and that there might be some delay in gas deliveries and such. But, gas went from 1.97 last friday to 2.59 here today at the local stations that are right off the interstate. I went 30 miles north on my way to test cows this afternoon and got gas for 2.29 at a BP right off the interstate. So, just a big rip off where they can. The thing that really gets my goat is that they started going up before they were even getting a new load so were making more money off the cheaper gas they still had in their tanks. Diesel has gone up about .35 here, didn't think to check at the station where I got the gas this afternoon.

farmerjan":21hx68uu said:
I understand that there is a disruption and that there might be some delay in gas deliveries and such. But, gas went from 1.97 last friday to 2.59 here today at the local stations that are right off the interstate. I went 30 miles north on my way to test cows this afternoon and got gas for 2.29 at a BP right off the interstate. So, just a big rip off where they can. The thing that really gets my goat is that they started going up before they were even getting a new load so were making more money off the cheaper gas they still had in their tanks. Diesel has gone up about .35 here, didn't think to check at the station where I got the gas this afternoon.

You really don't understand the entire system is operating 95 to 97 % utilization.
One major unit shuts down it impacts the system immediately.
Shut down the two largest refineries in the country turns the apple cart over.
We haven't built a new major refinery since 1976.
Gas in the pipeline has gone up .14 in the last week I am amazed it hasn't doubled that with Harvey taking out what he did.
You loose 42 million gallons of gasoline in the supply line and there is no where to get more it can only go up.
Texas is flooded right now pulling millions of vehicles off the road.
When it dries out could be interesting.

Caustic Burno":13noeug2 said:
farmerjan":13noeug2 said:

You really don't understand the entire system is operating 95 to 97 % utilization.
One major unit shuts down it impacts the system immediately.
Shut down the two largest refineries in the country turns the apple cart over.
We haven't built a new major refinery since 1976.
Gas in the pipeline has gone up .14 in the last week I am amazed it hasn't doubled that with Harvey taking out what he did.
You loose 42 million gallons of gasoline in the supply line and there is no where to get more it can only go up.
Texas is flooded right now pulling millions of vehicles off the road.
When it dries out could be interesting.

Also you don't sell a product according to what you paid for it. You sell it according to what it's going to cost you to replace it.
Business 101