And Now...............

Help Support CattleToday:

chrisy":gogao99k said:
MillIronQH":gogao99k said:
Z...we don't get Peter Pan peanut butter here.

Dern... No PPPB... No cornbread...No crayfish....No Grits... I never realized Britain was so deprived of all the good stuff. We are definately going to have to make up a BIG care package for you. :nod: :santa: Z

One thing I wished we did get here is CORNBREAD, I really like it, and I can't even get the ingredients to make it, my cousin sent me a few recipes, I have even looked on the internet to see if I could order the dry mix packets, but they wont ship them here. :cry: :( I bought some grits home with me when I was out last year, I found out we do have crayfish, called by another name but I don't like it.

WORD HISTORY:
The crayfish, also known as the crawfish, owes its name to a misunderstanding. The actual source of the word may be the Old High German word krebiz, "edible crustacean," or a word related to it. From this Germanic source came Old French crevice, which when taken into English became crevise (first recorded in a document written in 1311-1312). In Old French and Middle English these words designated the crayfish. People began to pronounce and spell the last part of this word as if it were fish, the first fish spelling being recorded in 1555. Because of a variation in Anglo-Norman pronunciation, two forms of the word have come down to Modern English: crayfish and crawfish.

In South Louisiana they are also known as mudbugs or crawdads. :lol: :lol: Z

Was in the local wallyworld earlier this week and they have pulled all the peanut butter off the shelves except for some natural organic stuff @ $5.95 for a $1 sized jar. I think it's a conspiracy to unload that crap!

fit2btied":3axnwovw said:
Was in the local wallyworld earlier this week and they have pulled all the peanut butter off the shelves except for some natural organic stuff @ $5.95 for a $1 sized jar. I think it's a conspiracy to unload that crap!

I laughed to tears when I read this.

There are 3 jars of Peter Pan next to the microwave and two have never been opened. Someone (my daughter?) has marked them bad all over with a marker. After making a PB&J sammich with the alternate stuff, I was ready to uncork those bad ones.

I think I am supposed to take the lids off of those bad jars and mail them in for a refund? I have no idea what the heck I paid for them to begin with. Sure as heck didn't keep a receipt for peanut butter.

Can't they just get some good stuff back on the shelf - SOON.

fit2btied":3dhfcwyw said:

The wally world here in Miss., where I'm workin has put Jif on all the shelves in that section. Now, I know that choosy moms choose Jif, but I don't! :shock:

warpaint":1xful55w said:
fit2btied":1xful55w said:

The wally world here in Miss., where I'm workin has put Jif on all the shelves in that section. Now, I know that choosy moms choose Jif, but I don't! :shock:

Jif is a pure lemon juice here. for using on your flap jacks. on Pancake Day...what is it where you are?

Obviously a dead thread but I will add, I have not eaten peanut butter since Cap'n Kidd sailed into the sunset.
No idea of who made it. Just remember it in the refrigerator.

Shedd's made the old Captain Kid's pb.
Someone bought out the Shedd brand and it's still available without the shedd's name and without the one eyed pirate kid logo and without the 's' on the end of 'kid'..
I believe it is now only sold in Asia.captainkids.jpg

We always had kraft because its never oily and never dry. Now we have bega because they bought the recipe from kraft.....who are now trying to start production again and had a multi million dollar fight on who was aloud to use yellow lids.....

I prefer the real peanut butter. Just peanuts and a little salt. The other stuff they siphon off the peanut oil and substitute palm kernel oil or some crap and add sugar to it.

Latest posts