And Now the POTUS and his wife are tested positive...

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if my calculations are correct by your chart numbers in Harris county 3% of the population has tested positive of that 3% only slightly higher than the national average which is 2.4% roughly. Of that small number an equally small number of those will actually die. Current death toll in the US from Covid is .0067% of the population roughly. We should trash our economy, our country, our own personal livelihoods for that low a chance of dying? I would bet that your chances as a percentage overall of dying was pretty much that number before the virus ever got here. I can guarantee you if you are going to run a piece of farm equipment, drive a car or exercise today that your chances are way better than that you will die of one of those things.

Last edited:
If it is the governments' roles are to prevent death or to extend lifetimes, there should be an equal pressure on obesity ( a fat tax?), a total ban on smoking, salt intake (blood pressure tax), a non-inherent diabetes tax, zero tolerance on street drugs. The one that does not fit in all of this "preserve life by governmental control" is the policy to end life before birth. It seems to contradict. DUI or DWI, depending on your state's phrase, is a killer of the innocent. Why are those laws so lax? Should a repeat offender be required to wear a muzzle of a monitor of maximum intake? I think the comparative view of Covid versus other killers is the real issue to contemplate.

So if my calculations are correct by your chart numbers in Harris county 3% of the population has tested positive of that 3% only slightly higher than the national average which is 2.4% roughly. Of that small number an equally small number of those will actually die. Current death toll in the US from Covid is .0067% of the population roughly. We should trash our economy, our country, our own personal livelihoods for that low a chance of dying? I would bet that your chances as a percentage overall of dying was pretty much that number before the virus ever got here. I can guarantee you if you are going to run a piece of farm equipment, drive a car or exercise today that your chances are way better than that you will die of one of those things.

You have to add that number TO the normal death or mortality rate.

What you are referring to is the value of MONEY vs dead people (the value of someone's life) , plain and simple.

"I would bet that your chances as a percentage overall of dying was pretty much that number before the virus ever got here. I can guarantee you if you are going to run a piece of farm equipment, drive a car or exercise today that your chances are way better than that you will die of one of those things"

Perhaps, but in case of farm accidents and auto accidents, those have to be added to the overall chances of death and, when we have a farm accident, other than the wage earning loss (that happens equally in both farm deaths and covid deaths) the farm death only physically affects ourselves (the victim). Covid is the same way. Every single person that gets Covid and dies from it, got it from someone else. Communicable diseases means exactly that. We can (and usually do) affect others when we contract a communicable disease, which is why they are called by that name.

Death toll in Texas, (all causes) for 2020 up to the 40th week of the year show that there has been a 14.9% increase in 2020 over the same period of 2019. Nationwide, the same period comparison shows a 10.4% increase. These are referred to as 'excess deaths' and by all accounts are attributed to Covid19. Nationwide, there have been 232,219 more deaths overall than in the same period 2019. That's about inline with the reported number of Covid19 deaths. (The US reached 200,000 Covid deaths on Sept 15.)

HurleyJD. There is something very much wrong with your Bing "Daily new deaths" chart. Sept 22 shows a huge surge of 17,820 new Texas cases on that date. That is in error. Worldometer and John Hopkins Univ both show only 4,381 new cases for Texas on that same death.

Last edited:
Not the value of money vs. life at all. Quality of life and the fact that it is here and not going anywhere, this is not a bear that is going to leave camp as soon as your cooler is empty while you hide in the tent. Also like it or not money is a necessary evil nowadays so yes it does factor greatly into everyone's lives. I have no stock portifolio that I am concerned with but do have a few kids here I try to keep fed regular and they like it if the heat works in the winter. Furthermore weighing the dangers one is exposed to vs. money made is not uncommon at all. You did not work in a job with radioactive exposure because you thought wow this will be fun, you did it because it paid good and you had kids to feed. You were as safe as possible but knew going in that s@#$ could happen.

If you want to hide and can afford to then by all means you are free to do so. I am young and healthy and try to use a little common sense to limit exposure and so I have been and will continue to work and live and should be free to do that also.

Are we even certian that the President and family acctual had the corona. Just have take his word for it.

Are we even certian that the President and family acctual had the corona. Just have take his word for it.
Are you suggesting information about this virus would be manipulated for political purposes surely you jest.

I believe the last politician that told the truth was Davy Crockett talking about the first bear he killed.

Talk about self centered there Haase you are the champion. You need to get a life.
Thanks, you're comments are so meaningful, maybe someday I can become a sheep like you, no one cares, but hey you have the Canadians backing you or French, whatever same thing, just keep pushing your agenda, that's all you do, hopefully you and your followers can change our country into a 3rd world country, you the man.

Thanks, you're comments are so meaningful, maybe someday I can become a sheep like you, no one cares, but hey you have the Canadians backing you or French, whatever same thing, just keep pushing your agenda, that's all you do, hopefully you and your followers can change our country into a 3rd world country, you the man.
Every one has an agenda some just see it different even you Hasse. When did sociologist become a bad person and a fascist become a good person and authoritarian rule or mob rule become the norm for half of the people in America. The lawyers during the impeachment argued that as long as the President thought what he was doing was for the good of the country then that would be all right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts