And I'm Short on Hay

Help Support CattleToday:

I wouldn't get too excited. Two years ago we had the worst winter in recorded history, and it was supposed to be a regular winter. Last year was supposed to be as bad or worse and was a normal winter. No way they know this far out.

Looks like I'm on the line of 33% and equal chance..which is about right for our area.. If they predict 2 to 4 inches of rain here we'll get both....2 and 4

Thing is I'm never short on hay and haven't had any bad winters. Just my luck to run short and have an Alaskan type winter show up in Texas. :shock:

I'm guessing we're going to have a winter similar to 2011.... wish I could remember how that was. :lol:

1982vett":1fv8uc6o said:
I'm guessing we're going to have a winter similar to 2011.... wish I could remember how that was. :lol:
I'll never forget the 27th of April 2011...around 60 tornados hitting Alabama ...still pick up debris from that...

ALACOWMAN":l2e5i66p said:
Looks like I'm on the line of 33% and equal chance..which is about right for our area.. If they predict 2 to 4 inches of rain here we'll get both....2 and 4
We're in the same band, probably get 2" of ice and 4" of snow on top of that . 2009 was the year of one of our worst icestorms, 13 days without electricity . Repeated in 2011, 11days. The only real hardship we had was hauling water for the stock , and the coffee , I like to push a button and have coffee .

slick4591":3drd7dts said:
1982vett":3drd7dts said:

This was one of the winter events that year.
Yeah I remember that....guess I need to clarify. what I meant by winter 2011 is December 2011 to March 2012. Kind of like we had this past winter only 2 months earlier. Maybe I should have said winter 2010.

Following that ice storm in February 2011, the remaining year was hot and dry Spring, Summer, and Fall. Kinda like now. Started to get some moisture after Christmas and had green pastures in February. Hope the moisture shows up earlier this year as well.

slick4591":2237v18a said:
Thing is I'm never short on hay and haven't had any bad winters. Just my luck to run short and have an Alaskan type winter show up in Texas. :shock:

I have worked in Alaska in the winter. Believe me you won't get an Alaskan winter in Texas. It might get chilly and snow some. But months of sub zero temperatures and and weeks of total or near total darkness ain't going to happen.

slick4591":3o9nyd2j said:
1982vett":3o9nyd2j said:

This was one of the winter events that year.

That's windows down cruising the beach weather here :lol:

Latest posts