...and Cleveland's cold

Help Support CattleToday:

Not at all impressed with Houston's draft choices except for Clowney and Dix.
All those QBs and they finally settle on Savage? :roll:
I suspect Rick Smith/McNair had a lot to do with the choices, holding tight the purse strings---just because ya draft a prospect doesn't mean you will be able to come to a signing agreement.
They will do better than last year, but they still don't have a superbowl contending team with those choices.

greybeard":men1bq0q said:
I suspect Rick Smith/McNair had a lot to do with the choices, holding tight the purse strings---just because ya draft a prospect doesn't mean you will be able to come to a signing agreement.
They will do better than last year, but they still don't have a superbowl contending team with those choices.

Tom Brady didn't go high in the draft either.
Seems to me that a high % of the big name college QB's fail once they get to the NFL.
And some guy sacking groceries takes teams to the Superbowl.

Caustic Burno":385165k7 said:
greybeard":385165k7 said:

Seems to me that a high % of the big name college QB's fail once they get to the NFL.

One of my all time favorites....Kurt Warner, St. Louis and Arizona. A dam good man.

The Colts may have had a bad draft, or not. We'll see, but they'll beat Houston twice next year. :hide:
Seriously, I think Houston needs to fix their offense--and I think Manziel was their best chance to do that. And sell a lot of tickets at the same time. It is about the money. Defense wins championships, but offense sells tickets and gets you into the later rounds of the playoffs (i.e. Colts-Chiefs last year).
Lets play football, and see who wins.

john250":16rdi4zi said:
The Colts may have had a bad draft, or not. We'll see, but they'll beat Houston twice next year. :hide:
Seriously, I think Houston needs to fix their offense--and I think Manziel was their best chance to do that. And sell a lot of tickets at the same time. It is about the money. Defense wins championships, but offense sells tickets and gets you into the later rounds of the playoffs (i.e. Colts-Chiefs last year).
Lets play football, and see who wins.

John as much as I like watching Luck play the Colts won't win both.
If you can't score you can't win. Dan Pastrina and Archie Manning found out its hard to win
laying flat on your back.

:lol: :lol: , you Texas boys, there is much more football than inside the state of Texas! :D Also Aaron Rodgers sat the bench for four years and I THINK he went in the fourth round. Johnny cleveland is not the saviour.

Alan":17lyoaro said:
:lol: :lol: , you Texas boys, there is much more football than inside the state of Texas! :D Also Aaron Rodgers sat the bench for four years and I THINK he went in the fourth round. Johnny cleveland is not the saviour.
I believe Rodgers was a first rounder, 24th pick.

TexasBred":1j6r28k1 said:
Caustic Burno":1j6r28k1 said:
greybeard":1j6r28k1 said:

One of my all time favorites....Kurt Warner, St. Louis and Arizona. A dam good man.

you got that right TB!!! Man do we miss those exciting times in the STL area. He's still doing amazing things for the community, such a well spoken man, stands up for what he believes, and bonus was a Super Bowl win!!

torogmc81":1004x5td said:
Alan":1004x5td said:
I believe Rodgers was a first rounder, 24th pick.

You're right, first round and number 24, I'm just shaking the tree with the Texas boys :mrgreen:

Not my tree. I think the Texans will do only a little better than last year.

Only reason I say that is because it would be astronomically difficult to do much worse than last year.

Alan":3aa7irn8 said:
Probably not but he could be the beginning of something much better than what they've had. At least he's selling a lot of jerseys. :lol2:

TexasBred":2f05ny9y said:
Alan":2f05ny9y said:
Probably not but he could be the beginning of something much better than what they've had. At least he's selling a lot of jerseys. :lol2:

I wouldn't have minded him going to Dallas but I loath the Cowboys.
Just can't think of another team I would wish him on.

I been hearing rumors the HBO's show "hard knocks" is going to be filming cleveland's training camp, of course it could just be the media trying to make another story. But Johnny sure is getting a lot of attention.

Alan":1lu6uldq said:
I been hearing rumors the HBO's show "hard knocks" is going to be filming cleveland's training camp, of course it could just be the media trying to make another story. But Johnny sure is getting a lot of attention.
Especially for a backup QB. Lol

From SI.COM
The unpredictability surrounding the fate of the first-round quarterbacks in last weekend's draft was somewhat dampened on Tuesday, when Bridgewater said on The Dan Patrick Show that he told his agent he wasn't interested in playing for the Browns

torogmc81":gs7cywlu said:
From SI.COM
The unpredictability surrounding the fate of the first-round quarterbacks in last weekend's draft was somewhat dampened on Tuesday, when Bridgewater said on The Dan Patrick Show that he told his agent he wasn't interested in playing for the Browns
Apparently they weren't interested in him either... Nor anyone else.

Latest posts