Ancestry DNA test

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
Just had a convo with my MIL. Everyone in our family has had one. My mother just had one and we suspected native American somewhere in our DNA but found none. I was sitting on the floor letting my 3yr old granddaughter pretend cut my hair and my MIL said, "Something is up, if you don't have a considerable amount of native American in your blood, then you have a different parent." I've been told all my life I look part indian. I was told for years there was indian on my mothers side. But, none was found. The only thing that might make it wrong is if I had been right all along, I was given to the wrong parents at the hospital. Forever I've felt I was born to the wrong family. Could it be there was a mistake at the hospital and I was born to a cowboy father and mother. And, i'm saying this all jokingly of course
But when my MIL asked when I was going to have mine done I told her I don't want in the database. I think its a trick to get that marker on file by feeding on peoples curiosities. Technically, my parents have had it done and a few of my kids have had it done...so, whats the point? Unless I want to make sure I have the right parents...lol

If your kids have had it done, and their DNA profiles show no Native American markers, then you have no Native American blood in you. That's assuming that your children are not adopted, which from what I have read of your posts, I don't think your children are adopted.

cowgirl8":1jodkv0x said:
Just had a convo with my MIL. Everyone in our family has had one. My mother just had one and we suspected native American somewhere in our DNA but found none. I was sitting on the floor letting my 3yr old granddaughter pretend cut my hair and my MIL said, "Something is up, if you don't have a considerable amount of native American in your blood, then you have a different parent." I've been told all my life I look part indian. I was told for years there was indian on my mothers side. But, none was found. The only thing that might make it wrong is if I had been right all along, I was given to the wrong parents at the hospital. Forever I've felt I was born to the wrong family. Could it be there was a mistake at the hospital and I was born to a cowboy father and mother. And, i'm saying this all jokingly of course
But when my MIL asked when I was going to have mine done I told her I don't want in the database. I think its a trick to get that marker on file by feeding on peoples curiosities. Technically, my parents have had it done and a few of my kids have had it done...so, whats the point? Unless I want to make sure I have the right parents...lol

It might be worthwhile. You may be related to Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud and inherit his Gold Escalator. You could use it to train for the streets paced in gold in your after life.
:lol:

DNA washes out over time. It's possible you have minute amounts of native blood and your kids don't. You won't know if you don't take the test. Your kids take half your DNA and half their fathers. There is no guarantee they will take the same parts from both of you.

cowgirl8":3v31d39h said:
For years and I would have betted on it,that Iron eyes Cody was Native American... He was Italian...there's a lot of folks eat up with Indian blood but don't look it..

Workinonit Farm":3tr65n46 said:
If your kids have had it done, and their DNA profiles show no Native American markers, then you have no Native American blood in you. That's assuming that your children are not adopted, which from what I have read of your posts, I don't think your children are adopted.
I don't think this is true...

I just really don't see the point of spending the money on it.. satisfy some curiosity perhaps sure, but I don't know how accurate it is yet for the different races.

My mom looks Asian.. Very small and jet black hair. My friends in school thought she was Asian, called her china lady. My sister looks Hispanic. My brother looked American indian too. But, I looked it the most. I'm assuming there is none there since my mom showed none. She did show N African, what the heck does that mean...lol

Do some research on what I said. It is true. Enough generations pass and that Italian ancestor no longer shows in your DNA. When you get down under .1 per cent it gets harder to detect. Most human DNA work has been done on European ancestry. It's most accurate. Believe what you want but I am not making anything up here.

cattleman99":1mzo4dwv said:
Do some research on what I said. It is true. Enough generations pass and that Italian ancestor no longer shows in your DNA. When you get down under .1 per cent it gets harder to detect. Most human DNA work has been done on European ancestry. It's most accurate. Believe what you want but I am not making anything up here.
No, I agree with you. My oldest daughter explained it to me just like you did. She's doing a family tree and now you can go even further with the DNA. We really thought that some would show in my mothers since she looks very ethnic...must just be very very little...if any

I know a couple of people that are of Native American ancestry but have no affiliation with any tribe due to not having any decedents on the roles
But I know two kids that have a tiny bit of Cherokee and have had free medical care their whole lives and receivesd help with college tuition through the Cherokee nation.
So I don't think it really matters other than to satisfy your own curiosity

cowgirl8":13iyff4q said:
My mom looks Asian.. Very small and jet black hair. My friends in school thought she was Asian, called her china lady. My sister looks Hispanic. My brother looked American indian too. But, I looked it the most. I'm assuming there is none there since my mom showed none. She did show N African, what the heck does that mean...lol
Egyptian maybe Algeria...you may be kin to Pharo..which would make sense.. :)

Nesikep":p5mhpkj3 said:
I just really don't see the point of spending the money on it.. satisfy some curiosity perhaps sure, but I don't know how accurate it is yet for the different races.
Curiousity.. Not very expensive now.. Maybe why it ain't accurate..

Grandson told me "My DNA hurts".

Given who his parents are he may have a point.

My ancestors owned slaves in Virginia , who knows who's out their I may be kin too, michelle obama ancestors were slaves, shore don't want to be kin to her. :hide:

cowboy43":35y0awta said:
My ancestors owned slaves in Virginia , who knows who's out their I may be kin too, michelle obama ancestors were slaves, shore don't want to be kin to her. :hide:
I wouldn't want to be in the same town with her... I'm surrounded by ancestors of slaves..

cowgirl8":1d40eo1f said:
Workinonit Farm":1d40eo1f said:
Do you mean you don't think your children are not adopted? Or do you think they were adopted? :???: :???:

Ryder":iqy3jto4 said:
cowgirl8":iqy3jto4 said:
Workinonit Farm":iqy3jto4 said:
Do you mean you don't think your children are not adopted? Or do you think they were adopted? :???: :???:
The highlighted....

Latest posts