Analyze This

Help Support CattleToday:

Ryan

Reaction score
Here is a bull that we raised. D.O.B. 3-23-2008 The picture was taken a couple weeks ago (the same day as the pictures of the previous bull I posted).

I'm looking for some input on him. Pros, cons, likes, dislikes, etc...

If you would like to know any more about him, I will be glad to answer.

Wildflower_Bull-11.jpg

Wildflower_Bull-12.jpg

Ryan

You do run some nice animals my friend

I trust you are not hiding faults with the picture angls? More pics please.

No time for the analysis - so the opening line says it all - you already know my opinion on this breed.

Cheers

Bez+

Bez+":1e6sjrxd said:
... More pics please...

Bez+

Ask and you shall receive.

DSC_0313.jpg

He's the youngest bull in this picture (~25 days younger than the two outside bulls and about 2 months younger than the bull to his immediate left:
DSC_0344.jpg

DSC_0372.jpg

Here he is next to the bull I posted last week in the New Bull thread:
DSC_0377.jpg

Ryan

Ryan,

I don't know nothing about LH but I like those pictures very much.
It's difficult to find/buy a really impressive skull ?

Some time ago I did a google search and not find nothing really impressive. I was thinking in something really impressive to hang in a fireplace at the AI Center.

What is considered a BIG skull ??

Thanks
Lorenzo

2barmcattle":3o0zzcdq said:
Looks like a black and white Samsonite......am I correct? Sooooooo very impressive!!!!!!
Great eye. He is actually the first calf born sired by Samsonite. He is very similar to his sire.

Your longhorns are always so nice, with lots of muscle.

ga. prime":2n6po900 said:
Beefy":2n6po900 said:
how do you sign your name on the pictures?
Yeah, how you do that?

Its basically copy and paste.

Most photo-editing software programs have the ability to write text on pictures. I found a font I liked and wrote my name on there the first time. When you write on there the text is written as a new layer, above the picture not actually on the picture. So from there I just copied the text. Pasted it is a new image, saved it, and now I can just open the signature as a "picture" basically and copy and paste it onto the pictures I take.

Another route is to just type your name on each picture individually, instead of doing the copy and paste route. But that is tougher to get a uniform look and is kind of a hassle.

That help?

Ryan

Ryan":89d44dp6 said:
2barmcattle":89d44dp6 said:
Looks like a black and white Samsonite......am I correct? Sooooooo very impressive!!!!!!
Great eye. He is actually the first calf born sired by Samsonite. He is very similar to his sire.

Big fan.....probably going to make a call to ultimate genetics next year. I have a couple heifers that I will probably use him on. You guys have the " Best of the best" for sure.

Ryan, I've said it before & I'll say it again - you have the best LH cattle I have ever seen.
Also, I have to say they are VERY mobile! :D Pretty daring putting "odd-ball" pics - but cattle still look good. Some people have no idea how hard it is to get pics like the ones you signed. LOTS OF WORK!!!
and patience.
Good job.

2barmcattle":14tpcec9 said:
Ryan":14tpcec9 said:
2barmcattle":14tpcec9 said:

Big fan.....probably going to make a call to ultimate genetics next year. I have a couple heifers that I will probably use him on. You guys have the " Best of the best" for sure.

Glad to hear that. We've been very happy with Samsonite. This year we ended up breading about 1/3 of our herd to him, including some of our very best cows.

I didn't mention this before, but the above bull, Charger, was Reserve Junior Champion Bull at the Tri-State Fair in Amarillo, and Reserve Junior Champion bull in Tulsa behind our Traveler bull, as well as Reserve Grand Champion Bull behind Traveler at the State Fair of Texas.

Ryan

Latest posts