An updated video of one of my favorite bulls to use

Help Support CattleToday:

Impressive looking animal. Even though his numbers have change a lot over the years. I really haven't read anything bad about what people are getting out him. He sure seems to make some nice females.
The link didn't work for me but I found it on youtube. Good video.

I am a fan of Grandmaster and have calves on the way but....

I was impressed with the bulls thickness, but I didn't think he moved all that well. I don't know if he has gotten worse as he aged, but he looks a bit short in his stride.
Now the proof is in the pudding and the Grandmaster calves I have seen were fantastic, looked a lot like the heifers in the video, lots of depth, width, look like they gonna make good cows.

Thanks for sharing the video, I am still excited about the Grandmaster calves we have on the way.

I thought he looked like he was limping slightly, but was not sure. We have a Grandmaster yearling heifer, best calf we have ever produced. We bred a bunch more to this this year. We really like his calves, and he puts out a great bull or heifer calf. We sold a 2 year old heifer in our state sale that had a heck of a grandmaster bull calf on her, and we got $3000 for her. That bull calf sold her, he was sharp! We will use him, over and over, because we like the pudding (so to speak!).

I know what you mean, I have seen two sets of Grandmaster heifers, one set was bred heifers @ ~18 months of age and they stood out in a friends group of replacement heifers. He had 20 -30 keepers and about 1/3 of them were Grandmasters, all the GMs could have come home with me that day. The other heifers were good as well. The only reason I am using GM is because of those heifers. Bred him to 5 Commercial cows, vet says I have 4 coming. Hoping for all heifers, probably get all bulls.

I am not familiar with simms. What type of heifers would a bull like that produce over gerts?

Grandmaster has crossed very well on other breeds, I am sure Gerts would be no exception.
Check out his ranch web page, http://hillcountrycattlecompany.com, there are some shorthorn females that are real nice that are sired by him. His females in production are making a fantastic udder and weaning big calves. He seems to add rib shape and a great hip, at least in our experience.

Latest posts