An opinion on steaks

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie":3d6tvvp7 said:
guest25":3d6tvvp7 said:
pied meat is in great demand and there is no surplus it only brings twice as much as cab.

:roll: You're wrong again. Piedmontese (Montana Range) doesn't bring twice as much as CAB.

Montana Range brand ribeye = four 10oz $44.80

CAB Ribeyes = four 10 oz $66.50

Montana Range brand NY Strip = four 10 oz $44.80

CAB NY Strip = four 10 oz $69.50

links:

http://www.montanarange.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv
http://www.cusackmeats.com/cusackmeats/ ... 1WWVNK1LN5

Ya'll are playing a silly game. :lol:

Here is some Piedmontese Ribeyes that cost almost twice as much as your CAB:

http://www.fairwaypacking.com/catalog/i ... cts_id=213

MikeC":5suvl0mq said:
Frankie":5suvl0mq said:
guest25":5suvl0mq said:
pied meat is in great demand and there is no surplus it only brings twice as much as cab.

:roll: You're wrong again. Piedmontese (Montana Range) doesn't bring twice as much as CAB.

Montana Range brand ribeye = four 10oz $44.80

CAB Ribeyes = four 10 oz $66.50

Montana Range brand NY Strip = four 10 oz $44.80

CAB NY Strip = four 10 oz $69.50

links:

http://www.montanarange.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv
http://www.cusackmeats.com/cusackmeats/ ... 1WWVNK1LN5

Ya'll are playing a silly game. :lol:

Here is some Piedmontese Ribeyes that cost almost twice as much as your CAB:

http://www.fairwaypacking.com/catalog/i ... cts_id=213

But you couldn't help but pile on, could you? :lol: That's not the same cut of meat. It has a bone, it's larger.

They have "boneless" and "boned in" ribeyes Frankie. :lol:

NY Strips too. :lol:

Looks like the old man has a point huh? :p

MikeC":2ywujtwr said:

No, the "old man" didn't have a clue about what he was saying. He's like you, he's just looking for something to bash Angus about. Someone TOLD him that Piedmontese beef sold for more than CAB and he repeated it. Now he says "in the store" maybe. Since I've never seen it in a store, it's hard to say. Montana Range is the Piedmontese branded beef program and CAB sells cheaper than it does online. I'd bet side by side on the meat counter it would, too.

So why didn't you list the cuts that we've been discussing? In this one place they sell higher; in the other they don't. I used Cusack because that's where I buy it when i get a chance. Truthfully, I don't want CAB to be priced out of reach for most consumers. But high enough to pay the premiums to the producers.

Frankie":26ykph4w said:
MikeC":26ykph4w said:

No, the "old man" didn't have a clue about what he was saying. He's like you, he's just looking for something to bash Angus about. Someone TOLD him that Piedmontese beef sold for more than CAB and he repeated it. Now he says "in the store" maybe. Since I've never seen it in a store, it's hard to say. Montana Range is the Piedmontese branded beef program and CAB sells cheaper than it does online. I'd bet side by side on the meat counter it would, too.

So why didn't you list the cuts that we've been discussing? In this one place they sell higher; in the other they don't. I used Cusack because that's where I buy it when i get a chance. Truthfully, I don't want CAB to be priced out of reach for most consumers. But high enough to pay the premiums to the producers.

Frankie, I'm just gonna pretend like I haven't read this thread because I have never seen you back up faster than a "Crawfish" before. :lol: :lol:

MikeC":mcht3c4a said:
Frankie":mcht3c4a said:
MikeC":mcht3c4a said:

Frankie, I'm just gonna pretend like I haven't read this thread because I have never seen you back up faster than a "Crawfish" before. :lol: :lol:

Dream on. The Montana Range brand is the Piedmontese branded beef program. Your link is not Montana Range. I can say the Prime beef sold there is Angus. Can you say it's not? (We can both be sure it's not Piedmontese) The only way to be honest is to compare branded beef to branded beef. I did that. You didn't.

guest25":1gsdgjxk said:
frankie go back and read tod dauge said he went to one of his local meat markets i beleive that would qualify as a store. said he found cab and buffalo and so on but no piedmontese.

But you now say that in the store HE told you Piedmontese was more expensive than CAB. So which is it?

are you sure you didnt search for the highest cab you can find.

I went to the link of the company I buy CAB from. They age the beef, so it is more expensive than at other places. But you're free to look for a cheaper CAB online supplier.

heck if i raised 15 head of angus a year why would i have to go some where else for beef. i mean only 2.5 head of yours is going to grade choice by your industry averages why not kill your own rather than passing on the inferior product on to the shoddy genetic pool.

Since you sold your infected herd and don't raise anything, it's a moot point.

MikeC":3k88uenr said:

Kansas City Strip==Bone In

New York Strip====Boneless

Latest posts