An OOPS, but tasty

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Was going through a new cookbook and then accidently misplaced it. I had 2 recipes in mind to try and thought I would try one from memory. Found the book, but what I made wasn't the recipe it was a mix of the 2. Family went nuts for it though.

2lbs hamburger
1 onion chopped
1 green bell pepper chopped
1 can red beans, undrained
1 can beef broth
1/2c. sharp cheddar cheese
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper to taste
Biscuts, sour dough or ciabatta bread

Cook beef in a large skillet until no longer pink, add onion, pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir together and let cook for 5-10 minutes until onion is cooked. Add beans and beef broth, cook for another 10 minutes. Add the cheddar cheese and stir til it is completely mixed together.
Now you can do this a couple of different ways. Put biscut dough in the bottom of a 13x9" pan, top with the beef mix and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Or just serve over cooked biscuts, sour dough or ciabatta bread.

It sounds good. I know Steve would go for it but I don't know if my son would. He's a picky eater.

That DOES sound god, ILH! Might just try that tonight. Looks like a recipe a person could adjust here and there to their own taste.

Lammie: Picky eaters? If I fix it and they don't eat then they can go hungry or go out and buy their own!

Now I forgot to tell you that if you taste it before you add the cheese, it will taste bland. Now after you add the cheese it is just great.

I luv herfrds":gcmqrnp9 said:
Now I forgot to tell you that if you taste it before you add the cheese, it will taste bland. Now after you add the cheese it is just great.

I was gonna fix it last night but ended up getting it done tonight and your right!! It was very good. I didn't add the beans but I did chop up a lot of mushrooms and added them to the mix. Also added some chopped jalepenos. Put in some of my favorite seasonings. I chose the method of pouring the mix over the biscuit dough that I pressed flat into a baking dish. Added a little extra grated cheese on top and baked as you suggested. A great dish! Will add it to the "save list".

Thanks for posting it!

Latest posts