An old Newbie from north central Arkansas.

Help Support CattleToday:

Welcome! Yes, we have quite a few oldies!! including me! Tell us what you are getting into? What are your plans?
I raise PB Simmental - for 50+ years. Sell top end replacements, and show stock. Run a small herd of about 50 mommas in Upstate NY.
We have a varied group of producers. From buy & sell and don't keep a herd year to year - to me - stictly a cow/calf operation. Only feed out 3-6 steers a year for freezer beef. I do very little buying of cattle.

Welcome to CT! You live in a beautiful part of the country. My grandfather was born in Ash Flat in the late 1800s and moved to Texas, Oklahoma and ultimately New Mexico. Like a lot of folks, they were farmers. They raised a few cattle for milk and food. My little place is NW of Ft Worth. I've been doing this for the past eight years with a lot of help from this forum, neighbors and anyone at the Whatburger that will talk to me. Lots of good helpful people here that are willing to help with info about cattle and pasture management. There are even a couple of kooks. You will soon learn the which ones are which. Welcome again.

Welcome! Yes, we have quite a few oldies!! including me! Tell us what you are getting into? What are your plans?
I raise PB Simmental - for 50+ years. Sell top end replacements, and show stock. Run a small herd of about 50 mommas in Upstate NY.
We have a varied group of producers. From buy & sell and don't keep a herd year to year - to me - stictly a cow/calf operation. Only feed out 3-6 steers a year for freezer beef. I do very little buying of cattle.
Mine is a small cow calf operation . Raising Brangus.

We have a Jersey who is due any day, a Dexter/highland/Jersey, her heifer calf, and a sweet Dexter bull. We are hoping for a heifer calf out of our Jersey and will be raising and selling Dexter/jersey crosses. Our highland cross is our small farm beef maker. We are keeping it small and hoping to offer gentle animals for.other small farms. We have been in milk goats for years. This is our second Jersey, but the last was at the point where she needed dried off for calving.

My son bought 3 jersey heifers, 2 of them had Hereford calves, very pretty.
My daughter in law wasn't raised around cattle but she jumps right in, and is a fast leaner, she really likes the cattle business.
She's been wanting a milk cow for years and now has 3, I told her I'm ready for some cream so I can make butter.
She's pregnant with her 4th child so we will see.

My son bought 3 jersey heifers, 2 of them had Hereford calves, very pretty.
My daughter in law wasn't raised around cattle but she jumps right in, and is a fast leaner, she really likes the cattle business.
She's been wanting a milk cow for years and now has 3, I told her I'm ready for some cream so I can make butter.
She's pregnant with her 4th child so we will see.
Butter here is $5.00 a pound for the generic stuff! I can't wait to have cream and make butter!!

Latest posts