> >It's the right time of year for you to get this information:
> >
> >If you don't understand the Democrats' version of tax refunds, maybe this
> >will help explain it: 50,000 people go to a baseball game, but the game was
> >rained out. A refund was then due.
> >
> >The team was about to mail refunds when a group of Congressional Democrats
> >stopped them and suggested that they send out the ticket refunds based on
> >the Democrat National Committee's interpretation of fairness.
> >
> >Originally the refunds were to be paid based on the price each person had
> >paid for the tickets. Unfortunately that meant most of the refund money
> >would be going to the ticket holders that had purchased the most expensive
> >tickets. This, according to the DNC, is considered totally unfair.
> >
> >A decision was then made to pay out the refunds in this manner: People in
> >the $10 seats will get back $15. After all, they have less money to spend
> >on tickets to begin with. Call it an "Earned Income Ticket Credit." Persons
> >"earn" it by having few skills, poor work habits, and low ambition, thus
> >keeping them at entry-level wages. People in the $25 seats will get back
> >$25, because it "seems fair."
> >
> >People in the $50 seats will get back $1, because they already make a lot
> >of money and don't need a refund. After all, if they can afford a $50
> >ticket, they must not be paying enough taxes.
> >
> >People in the $75 luxury box seats will each have to pay an additional $25
> >because it's the "right thing to do."
> >
> >People walking past the stadium that couldn't afford to buy a ticket for
> >the game each will get a $10 refund, even though they didn't pay anything
> >for the tickets. They need the most help. Sometimes this is known as
> >Affirmative Action.
> >
> >Now do you understand? If not, contact Representative Nancy Pelosi, Senator
> >Ted Kennedy, Senator John Kerry or Senator Hillary Clinton for assistance.
> >

I love it.
When you pay people who have done nothing, you have trained them to do nothing.
Train them to do something, and pay them to do it.

Invest your money wisely, make a few nickels, then give half of it to the democrat's Capital Gains tax.

The Democrats are coming. 50% or better capital gains tax will be back to. Sell your house for $10,000 more than you paid for it 10 years ago, and half of that is gone. Housing and all other investments are about to suffer. Welfare is about to flourish.

Horticattleman":27y47mxc said:
As a business owner it gets frustrating, because the harder I work and make a few more nickels, the greater rate they get out of me in taxes.

If you do not make any thing then you do not pay taxes. Shoot I wish I was paying $50000 a year in taxes. That would mean that I made a HE!! of alot of money. Check what a welfare person makes, it ain't much. They just barely get by on it.
Every think how many people it takes paying taxes to pay a congressman's salary. Now you will have take out all the cuts to the bureaucrats when figuring this before he gets his. The only people paying taxes will boil down to some one working the ground, cutting timber, mining, producing oil and all other things that working people do. These are the worker bees, every one else is the drones, make a lot of noisy and try to look important. If welfare paid enough we all would sign up for it.

hurleyjd":2ggw9ruy said:
These are the worker bees, every one else is the drones, make a lot of noisy and try to look important. If welfare paid enough we all would sign up for it.

That is true. I like that. Sometimes we have to sit back and see what our forefathers have left us with and then decide what we are going to do to make it better.

hurleyjd":2bug7y27 said:
If welfare paid enough we all would sign up for it.

Not sure this is true! Some people take pride in earning for themselves and building something of themselves.

Cattleman are a good example of this, I am sure there is lots of people in the Cattle business that could have made more money doing something else but chose the life for its rewards and the pride they take in it.

I do not care how much Welfare paid it would to embarrassing to pay for my food with Food stamps! I would rather eat beans I earned than steak that Backhoeboogie's taxes bought me.

aplusmnt":1uxn6g7a said:
hurleyjd":1uxn6g7a said:

Not sure this is true! Some people take pride in earning for themselves and building something of themselves.

Cattleman are a good example of this, I am sure there is lots of people in the Cattle business that could have made more money doing something else but chose the life for its rewards and the pride they take in it.

I do not care how much Welfare paid it would to embarrassing to pay for my food with Food stamps! I would rather eat beans I earned than steak that Backhoeboogie's taxes bought me.

Aplus be honest with us, have you ever taken any money from the government through the farm programs. Could you have got by without it.

hurleyjd":2rwn76r7 said:
Horticattleman":2rwn76r7 said:
As a business owner it gets frustrating, because the harder I work and make a few more nickels, the greater rate they get out of me in taxes.

If you do not make any thing then you do not pay taxes. Shoot I wish I was paying $50000 a year in taxes. That would mean that I made a HE!! of alot of money. Check what a welfare person makes, it ain't much. They just barely get by on it.
Every think how many people it takes paying taxes to pay a congressman's salary. Now you will have take out all the cuts to the bureaucrats when figuring this before he gets his. The only people paying taxes will boil down to some one working the ground, cutting timber, mining, producing oil and all other things that working people do. These are the worker bees, every one else is the drones, make a lot of noisy and try to look important. If welfare paid enough we all would sign up for it.
Contrarey to what you beleive there is a group of people out there that survive very well off gov. hand outs. I have been told directly by them, when I tried to give tem a job, that if they worked they would loose there benifits.

I don't have a problem paying taxes... my problem lies in what is being done with the money I pay....and "Administration" is at the top of the list.

If there is someone smart enough to fix the problem, I wish they would step forward.

hurleyjd":ws1rjj7n said:
aplusmnt":ws1rjj7n said:
hurleyjd":ws1rjj7n said:

Aplus be honest with us, have you ever taken any money from the government through the farm programs. Could you have got by without it.

Nope no government money for me, I am just a hobby guy they do not have any hobby subsidies that I know of, But I am sure they will one day.

I am 43 years old and never even got a tax refund check from the Government. Worked through H.S. and College filing Exempt and not paying anything in but S.S. and then started my own business out of College and at the end of the year I always owe money. None of those grand refund checks.

Nothing makes me sicker than seeing my Sister in Law get all excited about her $5,000.00 + refund check. She gets everything she paid in plus a few thousand extra every year. Guess that is the reward for Being a Single mom that never married with two different kids by two different dads that never have came and seen them.

novatech":381mcqud said:
Contrarey to what you beleive there is a group of people out there that survive very well off gov. hand outs. I have been told directly by them, when I tried to give tem a job, that if they worked they would loose there benifits.

When I put an ad in the papers to fill a position I will get probably 10 calls asking if I can pay cash. They do not want to mess up them checks they get. I guess over the years I have been asked well over a 200 times rather I could pay cash.

People complain that government workers sit around and do nothing. That would actually be bettter. Because they don't do nothing. They usually think up something and it is usually wrong and everyone else gets to pay for it. We would all be better off if they actually did nothing.

Dave":1q6b361y said:
People complain that government workers sit around and do nothing. That would actually be bettter. Because they don't do nothing. They usually think up something and it is usually wrong and everyone else gets to pay for it. We would all be better off if they actually did nothing.
Yep. You got that right.

Nothing makes me sicker than seeing my Sister in Law get all excited about her $5,000.00 + refund check. She gets everything she paid in plus a few thousand extra every year. Guess that is the reward for Being a Single mom that never married with two different kids by two different dads that never have came and seen them.[/quote]

I agree here. I work with a girl that gets 8-9,000.00 back every year. Single mom, dead beat boyfriend(can't hold a job) She does not pay in that amount. Taxpayers helped her buy a house 2 yrs ago. Now she got a 20,000.00 improvement loan on that house. But guess what, as long as she stays there for 7 years she doesn't have to pay it back. The system cut her son off of medical assistance and told her to pay thru her job. she said the state should help her and she won't put him on our company medical. (she said it costs too much). It's tough to be cordial(which i rarely am in these cases) to see someone who milks the system and doesn't see a problem with it. As she says "she deserves it" It's hard to watch when you bust your you know what and watch others ride it out! :mad:

The dems keep so many people afraid that everyone is out to get them (elderly, college age, low income, etc). They pit everyone against each other so that no one can agree on a plan that is best for everyone. The elderly is afraid of a cut in social security, the college age and young adults are afraid they can't afford an education and won't get anything from social security, the low income earners need a raise to keep up with everyone else, and the list goes on and on.
Apparently we aren't smart enough to care for ourselves so we buy into having the govenment administer our healthcare, our retirement, our education and on and on and on.
If someone suggests cutting overhead in the gov like replacing the current income tax program with a sales tax so we don't need 90% of the IRS anymore that's just a radical idea. If we allow individuals to control their retirement that's simply ludicrous. We aren't intelligent enough to control our own future. Until everyone decides to stand up for what is best for all and not merely best for me we'll just keep on getting the same.

Whats sad Frankie, is because the looser mother wont put her kids on the company healthplan the kids are the ones that suffer. I dont fault the state for tellig her sh eneeds to do what she is supposed to, but I think she is a neglegent parent and a looser.

kyblockhead":2r3emz4d said:
The dems keep so many people afraid that everyone is out to get them (elderly, college age, low income, etc). They pit everyone against each other so that no one can agree on a plan that is best for everyone. The elderly is afraid of a cut in social security, the college age and young adults are afraid they can't afford an education and won't get anything from social security, the low income earners need a raise to keep up with everyone else, and the list goes on and on.
Apparently we aren't smart enough to care for ourselves so we buy into having the govenment administer our healthcare, our retirement, our education and on and on and on.
If someone suggests cutting overhead in the gov like replacing the current income tax program with a sales tax so we don't need 90% of the IRS anymore that's just a radical idea. If we allow individuals to control their retirement that's simply ludicrous. We aren't intelligent enough to control our own future. Until everyone decides to stand up for what is best for all and not merely best for me we'll just keep on getting the same.

One of the oldest forms of maintaing power fear or hate.
No different than the black leaders that were on TV the hurricane was planned against you and the government blew up the levee's to wipe you out.
Sad part is the world is full of people that follow the pied piper.