An age thing

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
I've noticed lately that female clerks and waitresses call me "Hon". Is that an age deal that when you look to be some age you start getting called stuff like that?

Nothing to worry about dun, the truck stop waitress gig is back in style. It's when the male clerks call you hon, you should worry

dun":29wb69wv said:
I've noticed lately that female clerks and waitresses call me "Hon". Is that an age deal that when you look to be some age you start getting called stuff like that?

Yes

Dun, now that you mention it I've noticed this happening more and more. Don't know if its a new fad with waitresses or an age thing but I can promise you this if they start telling me, "Bless your heart" I won't be leaving a tip.

dun":1zoxi223 said:

Yes it is............and i don't think it's a compliment. It seems to mean that they think you are so old that you don't look at their caboose and want to make wild passionate love to them anymore........they could be wrong ;-)

Jogeephus":1f4e6iqp said:
Dun, now that you mention it I've noticed this happening more and more. Don't know if its a new fad with waitresses or an age thing but I can promise you this if they start telling me, "Bless your heart" I won't be leaving a tip.

I'm with you on that!
"Bless you heart" = Man, you are trying hard but, you are really stupid."

I always felt when they called me "Hon" they were just trying to cover their own insecurities.

Mid South Guy":2oca5f0k said:
Jogeephus":2oca5f0k said:

I'm with you on that!

I always felt when they called me "Hon" they were just trying to cover their own insecurities.
Wouldn't bother me if it was at Hooters....but the snaggle tooth ol' gal at the conveneience store with the camel in her mouth and the rattling cough needs to cut it out.

He[[ TB that's the one that doesn't bother me. It's when the young ones do it like maybe you ain't dangerous anymore that gets me! :lol2:

Mid South Guy":2v3iom7y said:
Jogeephus":2v3iom7y said:

I'm with you on that!

More like job securities...you can draw more flys with honey ,than vinager... sides you know how us old farts get plumb dam goofy when a gal cause you that,,big head kicks outa gear, little man takes it from there :cowboy:

ALACOWMAN":3nlt2k3i said:
Mid South Guy":3nlt2k3i said:
Jogeephus":3nlt2k3i said:

I'm with you on that!

More like job securities...you can draw more flys with honey ,than vinager... sides you know how us old farts get plumb dam goofy when a gal cause you that,,big head kicks outa gear, little man takes it from there :cowboy:

Speak for yourself! :lol2:

> More like job securities...you can draw more flys with honey ,than vinager...

At my age I've learned one thing well, I can find more fly around horse/cow/dog poop than either of the above.

3waycross":rdi6hr79 said:
Caustic Burno":rdi6hr79 said:
As I have aged brain's and cooking abilities far out weigh seven miles of bad ass curve's and bumpy road.

All day every day?

If you've been down a bumpy enough road, you won't forget it.

I had a theory I developed in my late 20's when the hormones decreased enough to allow some clear thoughts:

If you accept the statement that no one is perfect as fact, then you accept that all people have imperfections. I broke the imperfections into 3 categories: physical, emotional, or intelligence.

When one of these categories is of exceptional quality, it would be assumed that one or both of the other areas may be lacking in some manner.

I theorized that it is partially the fault of the males of the species. The "hotter" the girl, the more "craziness" or "high maintenance" the average male will put up with. Experiencing positive or negative re-inforcement, females will therefor act as "crazy" as allowed. Therefore when plotted on graph, crazy is directly proportional to hottness.

May not be a perfect theory (my wife is an illustration of this, I blame her dad), but it held true on most occasions.

Latest posts