Ammunition Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Running Arrow Bill

Reaction score
I just came back from an area gun store and priced ammo and bought a few boxes...

Managed to find several boxes of Remmington UMC Target rounds for .40 S&W for $16.99/box 50. Got some #3 buckshot for my 20 ga for $4.50 box/5

That aside, earlier this summer I bought a box of Winchester "Ranger" HP in 155 grain for $21.00 box/50. They were out of this one. The closest thing available was another major brand in similar design and grain for $47.00 box/50. Some of the .243 rifle shells were between $40 and $50 box/20.

As such, price of handgun and rifle cartridges has increased 100 to 150% over the last several months!

The scuttlebut is that IF the 2008 election goes South...we can probably expect to see a significant rise in cost of ammo (via special Federal taxes piggey backed onto other legislation)...will probably be true for some of the other "sin" taxes we are now paying (e.g., cigarettes 200 to 300% increase over the past 2-3 years).

My naive opinion is that if anyone plans to buy more ammo they should probably shop around and stockpile some befoe November 4.

The same is true for quality USA made Barb Wire...(due to steel exports and diesel prices, basically).

So, my opinion (bottomline) is that if anyone is anticipating a need for Steel items or Copper/Brass items to stock up on it. This will definitely exceed the "savings" or "profit" anyone could hope for by "investing" in other stuff. Where else can you realize a 50 to 200% a year "profit" on your (safe) investment!?

Lets just hope a certain person doesn't get elected. Seems the wimps are voting for him though.

We are about to have in this country what we stormed the beaches at Normandy to defeat.
Never underestimate the power of a charismatic speaker and people flocking to follow like sheep.
This country is more divided right now than it was in 1860.

Me thinks it has already started. Dropped in the local gun shop to browse at lunch. Just a quick look shows handgun prices seem way up to me. Used ones are only a few $ cheaper than new. One I bought a month ago at the local gun show new was $100 more in the store. I usally see maybe $25 higher than the gun show.

Ya think folks may be arming themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts