"Ammunition accountability"

Help Support CattleToday:

Fly-guy

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
649
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma
I know this subject proabibly should be on the "Sports and hunting" board but thought it would be more visible in the Coffie Shop. I went to this link and it looks like it isn't a hoax.

Subject: Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009




It has already started...

Ammunition Accountability Legislation

Remember how Obama said that he wasn't going to take your guns? Well, it seems that his allies in the anti-gun world have no problem with taking your ammo!

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all amm unition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers.
Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more!

If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

Send to your friends in these states AND fight to dissolve this BILL!!

To find more about the anti-gun group that is sponsoring this legislation and the specific legislation for each state, go to:
http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm
 

Bez+

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 28, 2007
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
0
Location
Still trying to get back to even.
There will be money in components and brass in the near future if this is true.

Lots of good backyard bullet makers out there - time for many more to learn how it is done.

Cheers

Bez+
 

Jogeephus

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
24,228
Reaction score
1
Location
South Georgia
I think Mark Twain said it best. "No man's life, liberty or property is safe while congress is in session." Twain.

If this is a matter of safety then I guess we will soon be having to register shoe boxes, plastic bags and cotton balls cause one can do far more damage with these than a single bullet. But I don't know how you are going to get a serial number on a cotton ball.
 
OP
F

Fly-guy

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
649
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma
dun":2dhithtu said:
None of these bills have been passed or signed yet.
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/State/

True! It disturbes me to see eighteen states with bills pending. I've been looking for the bulk 22's in eight different wal-marts in my area and haven't found one single box yet. As a matter of fact, only a couple of them had any kind of a selection of ammunition. Talk about Obama mania!
 

dun

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
47,334
Reaction score
9
Location
MO Ozarks
Fly-guy":dioiy06v said:
dun":dioiy06v said:
None of these bills have been passed or signed yet.
http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/State/

True! It disturbes me to see eighteen states with bills pending. I've been looking for the bulk 22's in eight different wal-marts in my area and haven't found one single box yet. As a matter of fact, only a couple of them had any kind of a selection of ammunition. Talk about Obama mania!

I heard that obama was selected as firearms seller of the year
 

HOSS

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Messages
4,348
Reaction score
2
Location
Middle Tennessee
I started a thread last week about the low availability of ammo and the high cost of ammo since November. I mentioned that I was buying when I can as to stock up. One of CT's most popular members and mods replied immediatleywith a post accusing me of being a cop killer and inciting others to kill cops and people even though I made no mention of killing anything or anybody. I was absolutley floored at that allegation as it came out of the blue. I responded that I was appalled at the allegation and that this person was always complaining that folks like me are intolerant and paint folks with a broad brush but then they turn around and paint me with a brush big enough to paint a barn in one stroke. Well the thread was deleted immediatley after I posted my response just like this post will probably will be shortly by said mod. Oh well..... it will not change the fact that I am still going to stock my bunker with ammo righ along side my MRE's, water, generators, seeds, canned goods, tin foil hat and black helicopter defense rockets.
 

hayray

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
1,058
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern Michigan
There is absolutely no hand gun ammo anywhere in my area. I heard that Walmart gets in a shipment and in a couple of hours it is sold out. I bought a box of 100 Hornady bullets in 180 grain JXTPs in .357 for $22, looks like even reloading is gonna cost a lot of money nowadays.
 

Jogeephus

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 17, 2006
Messages
24,228
Reaction score
1
Location
South Georgia
HOSS":3tbtl256 said:
I started a thread last week about the low availability of ammo and the high cost of ammo since November. I mentioned that I was buying when I can as to stock up. One of CT's most popular members and mods replied immediatleywith a post accusing me of being a cop killer and inciting others to kill cops and people even though I made no mention of killing anything or anybody. I was absolutley floored at that allegation as it came out of the blue. I responded that I was appalled at the allegation and that this person was always complaining that folks like me are intolerant and paint folks with a broad brush but then they turn around and paint me with a brush big enough to paint a barn in one stroke. Well the thread was deleted immediatley after I posted my response just like this post will probably will be shortly by said mod. Oh well..... it will not change the fact that I am still going to stock my bunker with ammo righ along side my MRE's, water, generators, seeds, canned goods, tin foil hat and black helicopter defense rockets.

Who told you that you could get out of your corner! Now got back to your corner immediately and write "I promise to conform and become a good comrade" 1000 times. ;-)
 

HOSS

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Messages
4,348
Reaction score
2
Location
Middle Tennessee
Jogeephus":1x3bazdg said:
HOSS":1x3bazdg said:
I started a thread last week about the low availability of ammo and the high cost of ammo since November. I mentioned that I was buying when I can as to stock up. One of CT's most popular members and mods replied immediatleywith a post accusing me of being a cop killer and inciting others to kill cops and people even though I made no mention of killing anything or anybody. I was absolutley floored at that allegation as it came out of the blue. I responded that I was appalled at the allegation and that this person was always complaining that folks like me are intolerant and paint folks with a broad brush but then they turn around and paint me with a brush big enough to paint a barn in one stroke. Well the thread was deleted immediatley after I posted my response just like this post will probably will be shortly by said mod. Oh well..... it will not change the fact that I am still going to stock my bunker with ammo righ along side my MRE's, water, generators, seeds, canned goods, tin foil hat and black helicopter defense rockets.

Who told you that you could get out of your corner! Now got back to your corner immediately and write "I promise to conform and become a good comrade" 1000 times. ;-)

Jo, I am like one of those gopher games at Chuck-e-cheese's. The more you pound me on the head the faster I pop back up. :mrgreen:
 

jedstivers

Well-known member
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
5,787
Reaction score
1
Location
Marianna Arkansas (East Central)
HOSS":2dmnl82c said:
I started a thread last week about the low availability of ammo and the high cost of ammo since November. I mentioned that I was buying when I can as to stock up. One of CT's most popular members and mods replied immediatleywith a post accusing me of being a cop killer and inciting others to kill cops and people even though I made no mention of killing anything or anybody. I was absolutley floored at that allegation as it came out of the blue. I responded that I was appalled at the allegation and that this person was always complaining that folks like me are intolerant and paint folks with a broad brush but then they turn around and paint me with a brush big enough to paint a barn in one stroke. Well the thread was deleted immediatley after I posted my response just like this post will probably will be shortly by said mod. Oh well..... it will not change the fact that I am still going to stock my bunker with ammo righ along side my MRE's, water, generators, seeds, canned goods, tin foil hat and black helicopter defense rockets.
That's pretty sad. Some people just can't read history. I'm in your camp HOSS
 
OP
F

Fly-guy

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
649
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma
I heard that 60 Minutes will be doing a special on gun shows tonight and I'm sure that it will be done in a "positive" and objective way! It will air at 6:00pm CST on CBS.
 

backhoeboogie

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 16, 2006
Messages
14,984
Reaction score
28
Location
Texas
dun":3hyggz1w said:
None of these bills have been passed or signed yet.

Look at the ramifications tho. Yesterday I finally got to Academy to spend a gift card from Christmas. A brief walk down the ammo aisle was shocking. Prices are outrageous. 30/30 shells are generally cheaper so I decided to price them. There wasn't any shells and it isn't hunting season. No 9 mm, no 357 mag either.

There were shells for the 30-06 and 243. After sales tax they were over $38 a box - almost $2 per bullet.
 

Alan

Well-known member
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
9,515
Reaction score
4
Location
NW Oregon
Several months ago a freind of mine who works selling guns in a sporting goods store told me to stock up on ammo. He said the government (not to point fingers or get too polictical :roll: ) was not going to go after guns, they were going after ammunition. I just foo foo'd it off. I'm trying to stock up now, my local hardware store just got in 2 boxes of .38, I bought them since I can't find 357. They were up $4 per box, to $22.5. I realize that none of the states have passed any bills, but my view is, it's like gay marrage, slowly state by state the bill will pass...I'm a red guy living in very very blue state.

Alan
 

HOSS

Well-known member
Joined
Jun 1, 2005
Messages
4,348
Reaction score
2
Location
Middle Tennessee
Wednesday I bought 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39 from a private individual. Now I have about 1,500 rounds total of it. I also found 4 boxes (200 rds) of .45acp that I bought also from a private individual. At Wally World I bought all the 7mm-08, 7mm Mag. and 12ga 00 Buckshot that they had and I also boght several boxes of CCI Stinger .22LR as they are my favorite .22 round. I could not find the 550 round .22 bulk packs that I usually buy. I plink with a .22 allot just to stay sharp without spending big $ on centerfire ammo. I am still on the lookout for .357 and .40 ammo in bulk. If I had used my head a few years ago and bought ammo instead of guns I would be in good shape. :cboy:
 

Caustic Burno

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
27,070
Reaction score
1,892
Location
Big Thicket East Texas
HOSS":3lvce0rh said:
Wednesday I bought 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39 from a private individual. Now I have about 1,500 rounds total of it. I also found 4 boxes (200 rds) of .45acp that I bought also from a private individual. At Wally World I bought all the 7mm-08, 7mm Mag. and 12ga 00 Buckshot that they had and I also boght several boxes of CCI Stinger .22LR as they are my favorite .22 round. I could not find the 550 round .22 bulk packs that I usually buy. I plink with a .22 allot just to stay sharp without spending big $ on centerfire ammo. I am still on the lookout for .357 and .40 ammo in bulk. If I had used my head a few years ago and bought ammo instead of guns I would be in good shape. :cboy:

I have enough to hold Cox's Army off for a long time, plenty of rifle rounds stocking up on shotgun as it is my favorite anyway I prefer the trench broom myself . We have a fight brewing and only the blind can't see it. American's stocking up on ammo the tea parties. I have plenty of guns, powder and brass stocking up on primers now.
 
OP
F

Fly-guy

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
649
Reaction score
0
Location
Oklahoma
Fly-guy":euvyn3ru said:
I heard that 60 Minutes will be doing a special on gun shows tonight and I'm sure that it will be done in a "positive" and objective way! It will air at 6:00pm CST on CBS.


Totally forgot about 60 Minutes last night - did anyone see it and was it just some more "fair and unbiased" reporting and I use "reporting" loosely.
 

dun

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 28, 2003
Messages
47,334
Reaction score
9
Location
MO Ozarks
Fly-guy":3dkpom03 said:
Fly-guy":3dkpom03 said:
I heard that 60 Minutes will be doing a special on gun shows tonight and I'm sure that it will be done in a "positive" and objective way! It will air at 6:00pm CST on CBS.


Totally forgot about 60 Minutes last night - did anyone see it and was it just some more "fair and unbiased" reporting and I use "reporting" loosely.
It takes a while but here's the clip
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=4937731n
 

hayray

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 4, 2006
Messages
1,058
Reaction score
0
Location
Southern Michigan
Did anyone see the stupid Diane Sawyer 20/20 last Friday about using guns to thwart shooting sprees like the campus shooting? Basically they brought in cops that preached about how special they are with all their training and how stupid we non cops are and that we are better off not to have a gun with us when something like that goes down because we would be more likely to mis use it. I'm sure those poor students were thinking, thank god I don't have a gun right now while that psycho is outside the class room shooting through the door. Cracks me up how anti gun cops somehow are passed off as experts on civilian self defense. The media is now going on a campaign to target the un-educated in prep for Obama and Holder's anti-gun laws.
 
Top