Ammunition accountability tax

Help Support CattleToday:

brandonm_13

Reaction score
For those of you that want to keep your guns and ammo. The link posted at the bottom is only one of many, but it has links to the state legislatures that you can click on.

The bill that is being pushed in 18 states (including Illinois and Indiana) requires all ammunition to be encoded by the manufacture a data base of all ammunition sales. So they will know how much you buy and what calibers. Nobody can sell any ammunition after June 30, 2009 unless the ammunition is coded.

Any privately held uncoded ammunition must be destroyed by July 1, 2011. (Including hand loaded ammo.) They will also charge a .05 cent tax on every round so every box of ammo you buy will go up at least $2.50 or more! If they can deprive you of ammo they do not need to take your gun!

This legislation is currently pending in 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, California, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Washington.

http://www.hunttheus.com/huntingarticle ... y-act.html

Another way to put the clamps on gun owners. Glad my state of Okla isnt involved,although the news media had some kind of crap about our state (Oklahoma) being one of the states that easily supplies criminals with guns to go use in other states. What will they think of next???
I do hope this tax bill fails!

And to think that the people hired those politicians......

Perhaps it's time for everyone to find new employees to fill those elected positions.

dyates":3cclgftt said:
brandonm_13":3cclgftt said:
You got it.

Good luck enforcing something like that. What about reloads? Primitive?

While I do not know if this thread stems form truth or hoax - I will answer your question.

Reloads - if you cannot buy the components it will put a real damper on reloading - maybe not right away - but it will become harder and harder.

Primitive? Unless you make your own gunpowder and fire round ball you will have a tough time with primitive as well.

And even then ONLY if you can find it to buy - stop the flow of manufactured goods and sooner or later most firearms become paper weights.

Then comes hunting. Every time a game warden stops you, you had better have a license and a registration for that SPECIFIC firearm AND be able to prove the right to BUY the ammunition you need to operate it.

It is a frigging nightmare that only gets worse once it starts.

Trust me - Canadians live it. Aussies live it. New Zealanders live it. Brits live it.

And the beat goes on.

If this is true you need to get busy soon - or you will be in the same boat as those other "civilized" nations.

I chuckle when I see comments and questions such as yours - no offense I assure you - because most folks who do not follow this type of issue closely have no idea of the true power of a determined government.

Until it is too late.

Beware. I have this T-shirt and do not like it one bit.

Bez+

According to how it reads. Any ammunition after the 2001 deadline to be found without this tracing device on it, including reloads, is considered illegal. Everything without a tracking code is supposed to be disposed of before that date.

grannysoo":2tspn9br said:
Perhaps it's time for everyone to find new employees to fill those elected positions.

It always surprises me how popular this statement is. It always seems like everyone is saying exactly what you said, however nothing happens and I doubt it ever will.

The whole idea, true or false, of an ammunition accountability tax is totally insane and ludicrous!!

Consider this hypothetical scenario:

A gun owner has 5,000 rounds of ammunition that is not encoded with a laser printed barcode (or whatever). The ammo has been accumulated over a period of months or years. The owner does not shoot at or kill anyone (or) engage in driveby target practice to draw attention to themselves. But, "someone" reports the gun owner to local authorities. NOW...consider the realism of the authorities "finding" this ammo, plus having the manpower and/or technology equipment at their office to "read" each and every shell... Give me a break! Or, do they just confiscate all of his/her ammo and put it in a large trash barrel and fine him/her for "unlawful possession of ammunition"...

I think there are any number of States (including Texas) that would not pass such a law (unless mandated by the Feds under a threat of removing all Federal support to that State). The NRA is a powerful lobby. Any number of States in the USA believe in the 2nd Amendment as well as have enacted the "Castle Doctrine".

On the other hand,

I can see the legislation of SIGNIFICANT Federal Taxes on all ammo and firearms, given enough support in Congress (and the new President) and all. Thus, forcing low or middle income Americans from purchasing very much. On the other hand, there is such a thing as Criminals not worrying about all this, since it is simply a matter of breaking and entering and stealing whatever items they need. Let's keep our 2nd Amendment Rights and ability to purchase guns and ammo at reasonable prices: Let's "TAX" perfume, bottled water, having more (human) babies over 2, luxury boats, airplanes, jewelry, designer clothes, and all the other "unnecessary" things that don't improve the "true" quality of life and all...

Enough said... ;-)

CPL":1m1q7a3a said:
grannysoo":1m1q7a3a said:

It always surprises me how popular this statement is. It always seems like everyone is saying exactly what you said, however nothing happens and I doubt it ever will.

Mods forgive me for what I'm about to say.......................

I try to fill those positions with new people every time. It's just hard to do that when all of the politicians employees (those that get a check from government) like it the way it is.

Once again,

READ MY SIGNATURE

Latest posts