Amish shooting

Help Support CattleToday:

My nearest neighbors are Amish and I share fenceline with them.
There isn't a harder working or more decent group of people on the planet.

Very sad day and why anyone would target an Amish community like this is just beyond me.

Very sick man. Walked his own three kids to the bus stop, calls his wife, and then goes to the school. Supposedly something about an incident that happened over 20 years ago. But why the children? Those poor little girls and their families. I can't imaging the trauma for anyone. They will be in my prayers.

the psycho is 35....and he shoots kids over something that happened 20 years ago....when he was 15? I definitely do not need to know this one....but i am sure that we will find out... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have many Amish friends in Lancastar county, the worst part for them is the media running around everywhere, that's somehting they don't believe in, photgraphs,video, etc. The media needs to have a little more respect for them! I sent an email to every news group I could find on the web about how it's against their religion and cultural beliefs to be photographed but, they don't care. "They are on the story"

We opperated a farm in Mifflin county Pa. for six years. It was in a valley 3 miles wide and 26 miles long of some of the best ag land in Pa. 95% of that land is owned by Amish and Menonite. While we we were there someone who held a grudge against the amish burned several amish barns in one night, I believe it was 6 or 8 barns. I believe it was someone who had been shuned from the amish community. They have their problems.

rkm":16oc0osr said:
land is owned by Amish and Menonite.

Just for the record, there's a Biiiig difference between the Old Order Amish and Mennonites...as you can see, i'm using a computer with the INTERNET too :lol: , and yes, I have a telephone, TV, and most of the other electronic devices that most households use

rkm":cnims73n said:

Nothing, it was just a bit of information for any narrow minded people thinking that Amish and Mennonites are the same thing :)

I didn't want to be associated with the Amish in this thread :)

Sorry for the misunderstanding

Whatever might be said about the Amish they a some of th most innovative people I have ever met.

We need to bale our hay but we don't use equipment with internal combustion engines. Okay go buy a baler covert it to ground drive and hitch a team to it. We need to keep the lights working on our buggies and wagons at night. Okay mount an alternator under the buggy and thru a series of belts and pullys generate the power to keep the lights burning. (I stole this idea for a couple of my hay wagons and parade wagons. I could not live the type of life they do or for that matter the Mormons (I like my coffee, coldbeer and cigarettes to much) but you have to admire them and what happened today won't slow them down or make them change the way they believe. God Bless them.Z

I have a lot of respect for the amish. They are hard working God fearing people.

The only good thing about it is that he shot himslef and saved the bleedinghearts from costing the tax payers a lot of money

dun

dun":1o3x38ax said:
The only good thing about it is that he shot himslef and saved the bleedinghearts from costing the tax payers a lot of money

dun

Exactly what my boss said this morning. On the other hand a certain vindictive part of me would've like to see this guy captured alive, even though he had a death wish. Put him through trial and make him sit on death row for years and rot.

born2run":14exnvg9 said:
dun":14exnvg9 said:

dun

Exactly what my boss said this morning. On the other hand a certain vindictive part of me would've like to see this guy captured alive, even though he had a death wish. Put him through trial and make him sit on death row for years and rot.

I hate it when those creatures take the coward's way out and kill themselves. I'd love for them to be put in the cell with Bubba...get to know Bubba up close and personal, as it were. 8)

Alice

born2run":32u7ydbg said:
dun":32u7ydbg said:

dun

That sitting on death row to rot crap doesn;t cut it. In 1980 an animal was found guilty of murdering 2 people hacking them to pieces and scattering the pieces around the desert and was sentenced to death. Earlier this year he was granted a new trial. He didn;t want the lawyers to do all the appeals crap because he enjoyed living on death row. With my luck the liberal courts will think he's paid his debt and turn him loose. The bad part about him being turned loose is I won;t be around to shoot him myself

dun

What really blows my mind away, is that this guy put his 3 kids on the school bus, he had a 7 yr old daughter himself, then went to this school kept all the little girls, and shot them execution style, I can't get a grasp on this crime, its beyond me.

GMN

Latest posts