American women's Olympic soccer team

Help Support CattleToday:

Arnold Ziffle

Reaction score
I haven't been able to watch much of the Olympics TV coverage this year but did watch a little of it last night. Did any of you get to watch the medal awards ceremony for the USA women's soccer team? I thought those young ladies were wonderfully refreshing: all with huge smiles, beaming with pride in their accomplishment and for the honor of representing their country, all enthusiasticlly singing the national anthem and conducting themselves with real class and dignity --- none of that clowning around and acting like buffoons that some of our athletes have done at times in prior Olympics.

of what i have seen, the medal ceremonies have been inspiring! Most have shown there pride by placing there hands over their hearts and singing the anthem. makes me feel proud.

I am sure there are a few fools, but then, the country is full of them.

Alex

I kinda felt like the guy that won the 200 m was a traitor to the US. He represented the Dominican Republic because that was his ancesteral home but he was born in the US and has never lived anywhere but the US. If he feel so my love for the country that he has never lived in then he should back his bags and move there.

I don't have time to watch much, but I have seen a small part of the Olympics. There have been some moments to remember, but some of these 'sports' that are included in the Olympics now are laughable.

JB

I kinda felt like the guy that won the 200 m was a traitor to the US. He represented the Dominican Republic because that was his ancesteral home but he was born in the US and has never lived anywhere but the US. If he feel so my love for the country that he has never lived in then he should back his bags and move there.

Sorry I think it was the hurddles.

I watch the whole soccer match yesterday! Never a fan of soccer until yesterday while watching the US beat Brazil in overtime! The girls had a very good reason to sing their heart out because they played their hearts out! I wish I was a fan....lots of empty seats at the stadium...plenty of room for me to pick a good seat!
The women softball team dominant the softball world and at the medal ceremony, they have sang the national anthem as well...
Oh yes theres has been some great disappointment and some amazing highlights in this Olympics. One of those highlights was the 200m hurdles...people booed at the Americans (who ran first, second and third place a clean sweep!). a Greek runner Kenteris could not run because he missed the urine test... The crowd thinks its part of the American conspiracy (Should I blame Bush? He is probably part of it!). They could be right. Just look at the controversy with the gold medal win by Paul Hamm....they blame the judges for being pro-American...an Korean should've won they say....
Sorry for rambling, I am a HUGE Olympics fan!

FYI, the Dominican Republic runner isn't the only one who changed hands...many very many athletes are doing it. There is a former Russian diver (Irina Lashko) who is now an Australian citizen. She left Russia for very strong political reasons, we all know how grueling the Russian system is... During the Sydney games, the Russians would not release her so that made her very upset... Now she is living in Australia, more free to think for herself and express her own feelings. I heard more and more Russians are doing the same...leaving their homeland.
Off topic but related to Russia. There were two plane crashes and many think it is terrorism related....I believe it is true...looks like bin Laden has been busy again (or could be the Chencheya rebels..)

Latest posts