American Pickers

Help Support CattleToday:

since they called you wanting to go through your stash i bet a neighbor called/emailed and told them about your stash.

Jogeephus":1ch85nsm said:
I'll keep you informed on how it goes. Don't know how far out they do the filming before they air it but I'll know more shortly. I do know this, you won't be seeing my mug on television. Besides, what little cool stuff I have isn't for sale.

Then Eli is safe. Good.

Jogeephus":ge2krn3a said:
denvermartinfarms":ge2krn3a said:
So what attracted them to you?

I don't know exactly. There was some mention of the Chamber of Commerce so someone in there must have been talking to them. Why they thought I had a bunch of old stuff is beyond me. I do have some old stuff but nothing like you see on television. Fifteen years ago it would have been a different story. Had a bunch of old gas pumps and oil signs but all this was sold at auction years ago. That is the only thing I can think of other than maybe someone is grasping for straws after making some big promises to get them here for PR for our little berg.
You will find this true in every locale I suspect. Before he passed away, my father had a big barn, a 1 bdrm house, and about 5 acres covered and filled with everything imaginable, including a bunch of old cars stuffed full of his "good stuff"--99% of it just junk and trash. Most people here didn't know who I was at the time and the local rumors I heard about what was stashed out here were simply amazing.
Sure wish I knew you had some oil signs Joe--I have been looking for a Humble Oil sign for years. See 'em on ebay once in awhile but they go too fast for me to keep up with.

signs_f-m_254.png

Luca Brasi":xj2w1gka said:
I refuse to watch that show on the History Channel because it has little to do with history. It's one of many changes in formats to TV stations which the foolish American majority has embraced, and which exemplifies their ignorance. There is no music on MTV anymore, no science on Discovery, Animal Planet has long blocks of shows about immature adults with more money than sense trying to relive their childhoods by hiring contractors to build ostentatious tree houses. It's embarrassing to be an American sometimes, knowing how many of us are so darn stupid.
I think this is what we call an "over-reaction". Good grief.

Jo, if you won't be on the show, just say no. Half the entertainment is the "collectors" they are picking from. Some real nice folks and some real unique characters and everything in between.

I disagree with prima dona or whoever that was, that there is no educational value to the show. For younger people especially, there is a lot to be learned because everything they are picking is prior to their lifetime and outside of their life experience. I have learned a lot of stuff I didn't know before, too. Not "PhD in History" level of knowledge, granted, but still adding to what I knew before.

If a program doesn't hold your attention, you aren't going to learn anything no matter how much good info. is presented. And as far as PBS, they have some shows I really like, but have all but quit watching their nature programs because they keep promoting manmade global warming.

They wanted to come here when the previous owner still had the place as he had a lot of collectables in addition to some of the stuff that belongs to this place but he knew of a few places that they had been to where specific things were stolen after the episode aired and decided he didn't need every thief in the area to get a video tour of his barn.

Latest posts