American Idol

Help Support CattleToday:

I knew b/c of a little help from an inside source. A little website I know monitors the frequency of calls on the phone lines and then makes a prediction. It is like a poll with a margin of error but this time the spread was so great it didn't matter what the margin of error was.

GMN":1vokg9ey said:
TEXASBRED:

TOLD YOU SO!!!!! DAVID COOK ROCKS!!!!!!

NAH, NAH, NAH, NAH,NAH, NAH!

GMN

Gail I never said he wouldn't win...figured he would all along...just said I didn't like him. Hate songs that don't allow you to understand a word they're saying....Bad thing about it all is that the contestants have to sign their life away to the recording company before they can even compete.

And CKC..you're right..ZZ top IS OLD...talking about "Old hippies".. :lol: :lol:

Gail, enjoy your rock and roll. :clap: :clap: :clap:

TexasBred":18un1k5y said:
GMN":18un1k5y said:
TEXASBRED:

TOLD YOU SO!!!!! DAVID COOK ROCKS!!!!!!

NAH, NAH, NAH, NAH,NAH, NAH!

GMN

Gail I never said he wouldn't win...figured he would all along...just said I didn't like him. Hate songs that don't allow you to understand a word they're saying....Bad thing about it all is that the contestants have to sign their life away to the recording company before they can even compete.

And CKC..you're right..ZZ top IS OLD...talking about "Old hippies".. :lol: :lol:

Gail, enjoy your rock and roll. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I guess everyone likes who they like, nothing wrong with that, but are U really putting down ZZTop?

GMN

Gail I have no right to comment on their musica at all since I don't buy nor listen to it. Can't even tell you what they sing. I just looked up and saw them on TV screen and thought "now that is a bunch of old farts". You can wear the hair do, the funkie clothes and all the other stuff but inside they're still old guys still hanging on......guess I have to give them credit for that....But they look almost look as bad as those old dudes in the Rolling Stones.

TexasBred":18yu054t said:
Gail I have no right to comment on their musica at all since I don't buy nor listen to it. Can't even tell you what they sing. I just looked up and saw them on TV screen and thought "now that is a bunch of old farts". You can wear the hair do, the funkie clothes and all the other stuff but inside they're still old guys still hanging on......guess I have to give them credit for that....But they look almost look as bad as those old dudes in the Rolling Stones.

Man you don't know what you are missing, I feel sorry for you. I guess you can listen to all the love songs you want, don't tell me though that you grew up on The Backstreet Boys or N'Sync, cuz then I might have to puke!

If you ever get the chance to see some of ZZtops videos, "She's got Legs" comes to mind, do it, I'm sure you would enjoy it.

I think it is great for all these older bands who have made successful comebacks, Bon Jovi, The Eagles, U2, Bruce Springsteen, and the list could go on forever. Even the lead singer of CCR has comeback with some fairly good music.

Its these groups that people will remember, and that have influenced so many other singers.

I am looking forward to seeing what David Cook puts out, I am sure it will be good. What I like about his story is the underdog theme, a person coming from nowhere, getting a opportunity of a lifetime, thats why I think people got behind David cook, because if it happened to him, it could happen to anyone, with talent of course.

Gail

You know I don't think I had ever paid any attention to Bon Jovi until last year and saw him on some show. I like him. Seems like a great person as well as a talent. Also use to love CCR. Guess I'm old fashioned and like the older slower music. Something me and the wife can slow dance to. ;-)

After reading this thread I wont have to watch tomorrow, to find out who one, we are a few days behind we see the first show on Thursday and the final on Friday. Thanks I can now watch NCSI instead. I am glad Cook won, it looked like it was going to be a foregone conclusion that DA would win, but when Simon kept on prazing him I thought Ah! the kiss of death. The underdog would come through. :banana:

grannysoo":3cm6z0n5 said:
But still.... George Michaels?

Yes nothing sadder than on old Queen :(

So I watched the last 15 mins. and ole Georgy boy was on and turned the channel again . Saw the very end and heard DC sing his "song" my husband said he sounds like David Hasselhoff... :p :lol2:

Poor guy I guess I should stop subjecting him to all these stupid shows before someone turns me in for husband abuse :p :D :banana:

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

My Austar has been broken for two weeks so I was unable to watch the final (we get it live the same time as you do). I was with DC all the way (though I must say I was heartbroken when the Aussie got kicked out). I couldnt have coped if DA won - I found it painful watching him - he is just a simpering little puppy dog and although he can sing I just cant stand the way he behaves. He doesnt have enough life experience and he looks like he's going to faint every time he's on stage.

I thought DA would win for sure. With the Australian shows, people seem to vote for the contestant who has shown the most improvement over the whole show, and they dont vote for the people who have been working on their career before the show (as in singing in bars, having voice lessons etc.).