American Idol Final

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie":avhxwofn said:
Haven't watched it in over five years and won't again. Who the heck cares? I agree with Beefy. And I support your efforts, Beefy. I will watch in you get on. You'll have to let me know, though, because I change the channel when that show is on.

Lammie, the more I read your posts the more I realize we have a lot in common. I've never watched American Idol, but I can't escape it. It's everywhere. About the only time I watch TV anymore is sports. A lot of those sports are now on Fox and, of course, there's
a promo for American Idol every five freaking minutes. The local radio station has a half hour segment the morning after American Idol is aired, just in case. Picked up a news magazine at the dentists office the other day and one of the contestants was on the cover. People talk about it at work. People talk about it at the grocery store. I keep wondering how I can possibly hate something so much that I've never seen. ;-)

Come to think of it, it reminds me of the whole OJ thing years ago. I tried like heck to tune that whole circus out right after the Bronco chase, but there was no escaping it. Like it or not, I knew what was happening every step of the way.

Anyway, I hope no one thinks I'm being uppity. If American Idol makes you happy, great. To each his own.

cross_7":308et4pb said:
hillsdown":308et4pb said:
The theory now is that Americans are still too homophobic to vote for an openly flamboyant gay person and that is why Kris won by a land slide. I thought gay and American Idol go hand in hand.. :lol2:

Keren I agree ,that song written by Kara was complete crap, it doesn't matter who sings it it will still be sh@tty.. If Freddy Mercury came back from the dead and sang it it would still be horrendous.. ;-)

BTW, I really liked the duet with Cindy Lauper (sp?) and Allison..

where i come from we don't have them kind of people...they wouldn't last long around here.
you know what i mean
:secret:

Uncalled for!!!!! :mad: :mad:

I agree, and I think all the people who are posting just to say how they dislike the show is unneccessary also.

I posted because I know from previous threads that there are a few people on these boards that follow the show, and there have been civil discussions before.

I never intended this to be a discussion about whether the show is or isnt good entertainment. I wanted it to be a fun and light chat about the winner, and who we wanted to win. I'm kinda disappointed at the turn this thread took.

Keren":lph5hohg said:
I agree, and I think all the people who are posting just to say how they dislike the show is unneccessary also.

I posted because I know from previous threads that there are a few people on these boards that follow the show, and there have been civil discussions before.

I never intended this to be a discussion about whether the show is or isnt good entertainment. I wanted it to be a fun and light chat about the winner, and who we wanted to win. I'm kinda disappointed at the turn this thread took.

Hey chin up girl you know there are always the few that have to put a downer on things, ignore them, and if someone is gay so what, that's the spice of life everyone different, and to be homophobic in this day and age is living in the dark ages, neandertal man needs to die out and live and let live. but we digress this is about a singing contest, and a blo*dy good one to.

I don't watch it , i just saw who won on the news and posted it. The gays an queers, i don't like them either, the hello with them.

you are right chrisy ... it doesnt make a hoot of difference to my life whether he's gay or straight, so why should I care?

Although tis a pity if he is gay ... cos I definitely enjoy looking at him :D that boy is dam sexy!

curtis ... build a bridge mate, and go pss people off on another thread

Keren":2ykyvoge said:
you are right chrisy ... it doesnt make a hoot of difference to my life whether he's gay or straight, so why should I care?

Although tis a pity if he is gay ... cos I definitely enjoy looking at him :D that boy is dam sexy!

curtis ... build a bridge mate, and go pss people off on another thread

Keren, I'm not a bridge builder or your mate, in America its called freedom of speech, something you must not have down there.
Have a good day.

curtis":3h6nr8fc said:
I don't watch it , i just saw who won on the news and posted it. The gays an queers, i don't like them either, the hello with them.

A shame Curtis when folks get on your case for not being "politically correct" in what you say. I appreciate your honesty. :clap:

You know, I used to be pretty open-minded, and still am a lot of the time. I don't care about who is gay and who isn't. I am just getting a little tired of the whole gay agenda being shoved at me. It's lousy people I dislike and I could not care about their orientation. But here lately, it seems like if you aren't all 100% pro-gay, that you are some sort of enemy of the state. Like the Miss USA constestant who said that she was not in favor of gay marriage and got trashed for it.

Is this a free country or what? Does she have the right to state her opinion or what? Me? I can care less whether or not they can marry and I can see both sides of that question. I do not, however, want to get trashed if I voice my opinion and it isn't pro-gay at the time. This thread is headed for a lockdown. I might as well speak my mind.

Not to mean that any bashing took place... Just venting.

What bothers me is when folks call folks who dislike homosexuality in general "homophobes". I am of the opinion of live and let live. I don't care about anyones sexual orientation. I should not be forced to accept homosexuality or be forced to associate with them. Homosexuals should not be forced to associate or accept me either. I do resent when folks call me homophobic because that, by definition (see websters def. below), implies that I have an inexplicable and illogical fear of homosexuals. I do not fear them I am just disgusted by them.

pho·bia
Pronunciation: \ˈfō-bē-ə\
Function: noun
Etymology: -phobia
Date: 1786
: an exaggerated usually inexplicable and illogical fear of a particular object, class of objects, or situation

HOSS":t1kuw27y said:
What bothers me is when folks call folks who dislike homosexuality in general "homophobes". I am of the opinion of live and let live. I don't care about anyones sexual orientation. I should not be forced to accept homosexuality or be forced to associate with them. Homosexuals should not be forced to associate or accept me either. I do resent when folks call me homophobic because that, by definition (see websters def. below), implies that I have an inexplicable and illogical fear of homosexuals. I do not fear them I am just disgusted by them.

pho·bia
: an exaggerated usually inexplicable and illogical fear of a particular object, class of objects, or situation
:clap: :clap:

HOSS":2ygeeoov said:

pho·bia

Why be disgusted by them? they are not asking you to be one of them, or try to take you off and do a bad act against you. So what if they like bread and bread, they are not saying erh! look at him his with a lady that is so disgusting. or look at her she is with a man, etc etc. If they come on to you and try to ram it down your throat so to speak, that is when you can just say 'no I'm not that way inclined thank you', and turn away. No need for abuse in anyway. live and let live is my motto.

TexasBred":26xz1pva said:
curtis":26xz1pva said:

A shame Curtis when folks get on your case for not being "politically correct" in what you say. I appreciate your honesty. :clap:

I think I am with you two gents. I am not a gay disliker but I like the way you write your minds Curtis and Texas. The way I figure it, ....created equal.....with a soul, heart, and mind. The body only makes a difference while we are in them.

HerefordSire":192vlyox said:
TexasBred":192vlyox said:
curtis":192vlyox said:

I think I am with you two gents. I am not a gay disliker but I like the way you write your minds Curtis and Texas. The way I figure it, ....created equal.....with a soul, heart, and mind. The body only makes a difference while we are in them.

Amen Bro....not upset at anyone but please allow me my right to "think for myself and form my own opinions".

OOPS ,sorry Keren ,I was just posting what was reported in the news. I didn't think that it would turn to a post about sexuality. I should have known though...

How come they never said that Kris was married? I find that very odd that they asked everyone else if they were single etc. but never Kris and they would bring up his parents when they showed them in the audience but never his wife when they panned to her. Very odd, maybe all the young teeny boppers wouldn't have voted for him if they new he was married.. :?