American Idol Final

Help Support CattleToday:

Well after watching the finale show, I would have to say IMO that Adams voice lent itself to all the challenges it was put to and when at the end Queen, no less, came out Adam was best he has the flamboyancy of Freddie, which is Queen at its best. His low register is so sexy and he hit those notes in the Rock group, he is a STAR, and Simons face at the end said it all, he looked most p*ssed off. and noticed he never went up on the stage to congratulate like he does when he is pleased with the ending.

It was mentioned early on in the competition that Kris was married, and he had a daughter, they showed them at most of the shows, but never focused on them, strange.

I wonder if now a lot of the voters are thinking they made a mistake as Adam was clearly the best. even Kris thought so, all the contestants that were eliminated looked shocked. He'll be just another one to fall by the way side after his initial DVD comes out. As I have only heard of Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood making it anywhere else, past North America. Adam would make it big time over here. Kris to me his voice is to weak and ordinary, but as I say that is just My opinion.

Beefy.....bread :???: is that in reference to what I said in an earlier post....To help with your confusion it's an old saying here about gays, 'Bread and Bread' meaning it doesn't spread, go together like 'Bread and Butter'

Keren":2zs1xht4 said:
I agree, and I think all the people who are posting just to say how they dislike the show is unneccessary also.

I posted because I know from previous threads that there are a few people on these boards that follow the show, and there have been civil discussions before.

I never intended this to be a discussion about whether the show is or isnt good entertainment. I wanted it to be a fun and light chat about the winner, and who we wanted to win. I'm kinda disappointed at the turn this thread took.

Hey all...been busy with my "Australian friend" and with calving so haven't been on the boards for a bit. I STILL haven't seen the last week of the show...we "tivo'd" it and there it sits in limbo waiting for me to have a night where I can shower, get a big bowl of ice cream (mint chocolate chip covered with whole milk) and watch it all beginning to end. I am disappointed Kris won...only because I feel sorry for his wife. Its going to test the fidelity and that's sad. I hope he's strong and faithful.

Thought you American Idol fans might be interested in this. Never having seen the show, I won't comment. I'll leave that up to you. I do have one question, though. How much of an impact do the people voting at home have on the outcome compared to the judges?

American Idol Underdog Unexpectedly Triumphs
Floyd and Mary Beth Brown
Friday, May 22, 2009

Dubbed a "dark horse" weeks ago by the judges, Kris Allen -- a wholesome, smooth vocalist and singer/songwriter -- rose above expectations and won the title of American Idol. The celebrity judges spent their time gushing and enthusing over a high-pitched gothic rocker from Hollywood named Adam Lambert. But underdog-loving Americans chose Kris, an unassuming and melodious-voiced Arkansas native. Gifted with good looks, amazing pitch, and the humbleness of a lamb going up against the wolves, Kris stole the hearts of America.

A fascinating study of opposites, the two twenty-something finalists are as different as black and white. For starters, the young men have starkly incongruent world-views.

Twenty-three-year-old college student Kris Allen leads worship at his local church and is a member of Chi Alpha, a Christian fraternity. A business major at school, Kris is already married to his high school sweetheart, Katy. These two became friends in the fifth grade. Raised with traditional values, while living with his parents and a brother, Kris is as All-American as apple pie. He even spends his free time traveling on Christian missionary trips to needy areas around the globe including Morocco, Thailand, Spain, Myanmar and South Africa.

He prefers inspirational and positive songs, smiling often while singing. In many ways, Kris Allen's life is alien to the four celebrity judges, and they clearly related better with the runner-up, Lambert.

Adam Lambert prefers driving, hard rock and puts a dark twist and eerie sound in many arrangements he sings. He dressed in black, gothic-looking costumes, and the single 27-year-old even wears black nail polish and guyliner (eyeliner for men). His jet-black, dyed hair and eyebrows along with his squinted eyes give him edginess when performing. Adam moved from San Diego, where he grew up, to Hollywood a number of years ago to "make it as a star." He worked hard, taking voice lessons and performing in school theater, choir and jazz band plus he worked as an understudy in the musical "Wicked."

Even their names are interesting to ponder: Adam -- the fallen first man and Kristopher, meaning Christ-bearer, is a study in contrasts. But the differences don't stop there.

This has caused some pundits to postulate that Lambert's presumed homosexuality may have led to his demise. Photos of him French kissing with different men, and in drag, made the rounds on the Internet. Another reason he may have lost is his strutting over-confidence and conceit, something that usually doesn't play well with Americans.

Kris maintained his easy-going, almost shy humility in victory, saying, "I felt shocked almost every week that I made it, and to be the American Idol, I'm completely shocked. I feel like [Adam] deserves this just as much as I do. He's an amazing performer, gifted guy and really just an amazing guy."

A flashy dresser, Adam describes himself as "theatrical" and certainly fits the part. Both finalists are extremely talented singers. Early in the competition, Adam's wow factor blew people away, but his high pitched screams soon began to wear on these two listeners. Kris's mellow style is so enjoyable you can keep listening to the end of a song and still want more.

So what are Kris' plans for his album? "I think it's pretty obvious," he says, "that I've done a lot of the singer-songwriter, pop-rock kind of thing and that's something I want to do."

Americans love an underdog: George Washington at Trenton, Abe Lincoln running for president, the 1980 US Olympic Hockey Team, and The Philadelphia Phillies in last fall's World Series.

As in the old Aesop's fable of the workman tortoise versus the preening hare, Kris Allen's easy-going smile has won a special, come-from-behind victory, which has captured the imagination of the nation.

Looks like a pretty good and honest summation. I try not to judge people by lifestyle choices, but I identify and pull for people closer to my dogma and values. Must be my "herd" mentality taking over.

VanC":zvijh29l said:
Thought you American Idol fans might be interested in this. Never having seen the show, I won't comment. I'll leave that up to you. I do have one question, though. How much of an impact do the people voting at home have on the outcome compared to the judges?

American Idol Underdog Unexpectedly Triumphs
Floyd and Mary Beth Brown
Friday, May 22, 2009

Dubbed a "dark horse" weeks ago by the judges, Kris Allen -- a wholesome, smooth vocalist and singer/songwriter -- rose above expectations and won the title of American Idol. The celebrity judges spent their time gushing and enthusing over a high-pitched gothic rocker from Hollywood named Adam Lambert. But underdog-loving Americans chose Kris, an unassuming and melodious-voiced Arkansas native. Gifted with good looks, amazing pitch, and the humbleness of a lamb going up against the wolves, Kris stole the hearts of America.

A fascinating study of opposites, the two twenty-something finalists are as different as black and white. For starters, the young men have starkly incongruent world-views.

Twenty-three-year-old college student Kris Allen leads worship at his local church and is a member of Chi Alpha, a Christian fraternity. A business major at school, Kris is already married to his high school sweetheart, Katy. These two became friends in the fifth grade. Raised with traditional values, while living with his parents and a brother, Kris is as All-American as apple pie. He even spends his free time traveling on Christian missionary trips to needy areas around the globe including Morocco, Thailand, Spain, Myanmar and South Africa.

He prefers inspirational and positive songs, smiling often while singing. In many ways, Kris Allen's life is alien to the four celebrity judges, and they clearly related better with the runner-up, Lambert.

Adam Lambert prefers driving, hard rock and puts a dark twist and eerie sound in many arrangements he sings. He dressed in black, gothic-looking costumes, and the single 27-year-old even wears black nail polish and guyliner (eyeliner for men). His jet-black, dyed hair and eyebrows along with his squinted eyes give him edginess when performing. Adam moved from San Diego, where he grew up, to Hollywood a number of years ago to "make it as a star." He worked hard, taking voice lessons and performing in school theater, choir and jazz band plus he worked as an understudy in the musical "Wicked."

Even their names are interesting to ponder: Adam -- the fallen first man and Kristopher, meaning Christ-bearer, is a study in contrasts. But the differences don't stop there.

This has caused some pundits to postulate that Lambert's presumed homosexuality may have led to his demise. Photos of him French kissing with different men, and in drag, made the rounds on the Internet. Another reason he may have lost is his strutting over-confidence and conceit, something that usually doesn't play well with Americans.

Kris maintained his easy-going, almost shy humility in victory, saying, "I felt shocked almost every week that I made it, and to be the American Idol, I'm completely shocked. I feel like [Adam] deserves this just as much as I do. He's an amazing performer, gifted guy and really just an amazing guy."

A flashy dresser, Adam describes himself as "theatrical" and certainly fits the part. Both finalists are extremely talented singers. Early in the competition, Adam's wow factor blew people away, but his high pitched screams soon began to wear on these two listeners. Kris's mellow style is so enjoyable you can keep listening to the end of a song and still want more.

So what are Kris' plans for his album? "I think it's pretty obvious," he says, "that I've done a lot of the singer-songwriter, pop-rock kind of thing and that's something I want to do."

Americans love an underdog: George Washington at Trenton, Abe Lincoln running for president, the 1980 US Olympic Hockey Team, and The Philadelphia Phillies in last fall's World Series.

As in the old Aesop's fable of the workman tortoise versus the preening hare, Kris Allen's easy-going smile has won a special, come-from-behind victory, which has captured the imagination of the nation.

i don't care what people say
that boy boy aint right !!!
i mean if the boy dresses up in drag..
when society accepts ..i had better stop right there

Dressing up so what he is not the first and surely wont be the last, i.e Alice Cooper, Ziggy Star Dust aka David Bowie, the Village People, Adam Ant, I could go on but the list would be to long. It is called stage presents, and boy that boy has it in bucket loads. He will go far....all the dressing up in the world can't take away the fact that the boy has a good voice, and you can't say he doesn't he out shone most of the so called professionals on that last show, and he sang with the biggest group in the World and no-one was more flamboyant than Freddie (God rest his soul) and held his own, if he or the group needed to he could well take over the front row for them.Well done Adam and long may you go onwards and upwards. There have been a lot of gay people in the music/show business does that mean they should not be there, as look at some of the greats we would loose. What some one is in their private life is there business they are not trying to persuade you to convert so so what, what they are. Look up on google and you will find a list of over 400 and many of them the greatest actors ever. Finished my rant as ones sexuality is one of my biggest bug bares. Live and let live.

chrisy":3mbl4lnv said:
Dressing up so what he is not the first and surely wont be the last, i.e Alice Cooper, Ziggy Star Dust aka David Bowie, the Village People, Adam Ant, I could go on but the list would be to long. It is called stage presents, and boy that boy has it in bucket loads. He will go far....all the dressing up in the world can't take away the fact that the boy has a good voice, and you can't say he doesn't he out shone most of the so called professionals on that last show, and he sang with the biggest group in the World and no-one was more flamboyant than Freddie (God rest his soul) and held his own, if he or the group needed to he could well take over the front row for them.Well done Adam and long may you go onwards and upwards. There have been a lot of gay people in the music/show business does that mean they should not be there, as look at some of the greats we would loose. What some one is in their private life is there business they are not trying to persuade you to convert so so what, what they are. Look up on google and you will find a list of over 400 and many of them the greatest actors ever. Finished my rant as ones sexuality is one of my biggest bug bares. Live and let live.

Good points, chrisy. Personally, I couldn't care less if someone is gay or not, or how they dress. I either like them or I don't, whether they're musicians or actors or just everyday people that I know.

Didn't care for The Village People, don't even know who Adam Ant is, but I loved Alice Cooper and David Bowie when I was younger. Then there's Elton John. The guy is flat out weird, but few people have put out more great music than he has over the years.

Latest posts