American Hoggers

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
You will have to excuse me, because I don't live in wild hog country. When I watch this show on television, I have a few questions:
1. They hunt many times on what looks like able bodied people's land. Why don't these people hunt their own hogs?
2. I hear them say sometimes "a dead hog ain't worth nothing". Is there value to the hog beyond the meat?
3. Is hog hunting lucrative enough/busy enough to be a full time job for four people?
4. Our turtle man is staged for the most part. For example a fox running up in a chicken coupe with him in it. They don't seem staged at all. Are there other methods that other hunters might use? I would think if live hogs are the goal. A live trap would be less labor.

Bigfoot":1ea7krdl said:
You will have to excuse me, because I don't live in wild hog country. When I watch this show on television, I have a few questions:
1. They hunt many times on what looks like able bodied people's land. Why don't these people hunt their own hogs?
2. I hear them say sometimes "a dead hog ain't worth nothing". Is there value to the hog beyond the meat?
3. Is hog hunting lucrative enough/busy enough to be a full time job for four people?
4. Our turtle man is staged for the most part. For example a fox running up in a chicken coupe with him in it. They don't seem staged at all. Are there other methods that other hunters might use? I would think if live hogs are the goal. A live trap would be less labor.
all but the missing teeth,, thats real :p

American Hoggers is all staged. They are from Brownwood which is about 45 min north of here. I know guys around here that trap wild hogs and sell them to the "Hoggers" so that they can have them in a trap or pen and turn them out with the cameras rolling to get the shot. Think about it, there is no way in He77 they would ever catch a hog with 3 horses, a jeep, an atv, and several camera men all wandering through the brush.

Wild hogs, where I live, are more numerous than cockroaches and are a bane to my existence. What they don't tear up, well you get the gist.

Latest posts