American Beef at McDonalds

Help Support CattleToday:

CattleHand

Reaction score
Did a bit of research and saw what I got was most likely not legit.. anyone know more than me about where McDonalds buys alot of their beef from?

McDonalds does claim to use American beef. But I would think they contract it from wholesalers that buy it on the market. At any rate it's commercial grade boxed beef imported or domestic it's the same type stuff.

CattleHand":2a1aw3fk said:
Did a bit of research and saw what I got was most likely not legit.. anyone know more than me about where McDonalds buys alot of their beef from?

At one point they were trying out beef out of New Zealand and Australia due to a then current perception that there was a shortage of lean grades. Don't know what their up to now.

Just read in Time magazine that McDonalds was opening up over 600 new restaurants across the world in 2009.

The same thing is happening up here too. They claim the use canadian beef but they are doing the same thing as in the States.

Running Arrow Bill":1ayewbd0 said:
Price first...

Quality second...

More bonuses for CEO's...

Priceless

Just the trend. No different than any of us shopping at Wally World. Home Deport came to town and put all the Maw and Pa hardware stores out of business. When I have to go to these type places, I am miserable.

When we have all lost our jobs, maybe we'll start thinking about it.

I don't have the numbers in front of me but I think we actually import way more beef then we produce because we simply don't produce near what we consume. Our high quality U.S. and Canadian Beef gets sold for a lot higher dollar and then the cull cow and low grade beef goes to the fast food joints. Stores like McDonalds being the largest beef retailer of U.S. beef do a tremendous amount for the U.S. beef industry by adding value to low quality beef carcass which in term increases overall demand and price. It is ashamed that McDonalds gets mis-represented this way, especially by some beef producers.

Yes, fast food, the burger industry uses a tremendous amount of lower end beef. [commercial grade] The reason it doesn't help US producers that much is because there is so much of it raised world wide. You would be surprised a the number of country,s selling us their lean beef, suitable for grinding only, even then the meat is often ground gristle. Fast food uses their "special sauce" lots of other stuff to make it edible. Grocery stores will add leftover tallow to burger from our domestic grain fed Fats making the burger taste much better.

Latest posts