American attitudes compared to others

Help Support CattleToday:

Texas PaPaw

Reaction score
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/dapfner.asp

The above link posted by Dun, reminded me of some thoughts from the past.

Sometime ago while pondering the difference between the attitudes of many Americans and our European counterparts I had a revelation (or maybe halucination). As a great many Americans are descended from European ancestors, I was greatly puzzled as to the dramaticly different opinions and reactions to various events Europeans have as compared to many Americans. One day it finally hit me like a ton of bricks. Almost all non-native Americans are descended from people that had the courage, drive & ambition to leave their native land in search of freedom and/or better opportunity, whereas those still in their native land mostly descended from those who did not have these qualities. Seems this difference in attitude must be the result of natural genetic selection. Go figure!

Hope this doesn't step on any toes or ruffle feathers as it is certainly not my intent. Just the ramblings of an old man who has too much thinking time on his hands. Sure hope I didn't hit the nail with my head. 'Nuff said.

If everyone left Europe and came to the Americas, as it was known then, where would they have all gone, some had to stay behind, and look after the lands here, not everyone had the chance to move, even if they wanted to, not all of us have a negative mind. Most of us are opposed to War and Conflict of any sort. and most of our Countries are free.

not being flipant but did the nail leave a few holes in your head. :roll: :lol:

Being of Scottish decent we never did go for all that King crap some of you Brits did. I tend to agree that most Europeans have been programed to be submissive over centuries.

Caustic Burno":3v683uj5 said:
Being of Scottish decent we never did go for all that King crap some of you Brits did. I tend to agree that most Europeans have been programed to be submissive over centuries.

What about Kings James V1 born 1566 reign 1603 son of Queen Mary Queen of Scots 1546 who become Queen at only 6 weeks old, when her father James V of Scotland died, James V1 was the last ruling Monarch of Scotland alone. He crowned himself as James 1st of England and Ireland, as when Elizabeth 1st died she had no heirs. Not forgetting the most famous of all Robert the Bruce.

The ones I have found to be submissive and easily lead are the Germans, not just because of Hitler, but long before him. It would seem Britain just a little Country, won most of the Wars it fault that is how it got the name Great Britain.

I have Scots, blood running through my veins as well, my Grandfather was Scots. also Brits, refers to anyone from the British Isles, i.e England, Scotland, Northen Ireland and Wales.

Texas PaPaw":2yuqvkmg said:
Almost all non-native Americans are descended from people that had the courage, drive & ambition to leave their native land in search of freedom and/or better opportunity, whereas those still in their native land mostly descended from those who did not have these qualities. Seems this difference in attitude must be the result of natural genetic selection.

I think I'll have to disagree on this one. One example are the Germans. Those that didn't immigrate instigated two world wars and stomped the crap out of their neighbors. That certainly isn't indicative of a lack of courage, drive or ambition. Rampant militarism and unbridled aggression maybe. As for being submissive, to their own military leadership, yes. "Easily led" I can see though I'm aware of the opposite being the case in some instances and many of those fell victim as well.

What is the root of this apparent lack courage, drive & ambition? I see it as liberalism run amuck. The same liberalism that brought Western Civilization democracy has been morphed into a leftist ideology that paralyzes a will to act and the multiculturalism and moral relativism will be our downfall if we don't cast it aside and deal with our enemies in a united front.

milesvb":29s5hry4 said:
Texas PaPaw":29s5hry4 said:
Almost all non-native Americans are descended from people that had the courage, drive & ambition to leave their native land in search of freedom and/or better opportunity, whereas those still in their native land mostly descended from those who did not have these qualities. Seems this difference in attitude must be the result of natural genetic selection.

I think I'll have to disagree on this one. One example are the Germans. Those that didn't immigrate instigated two world wars and stomped the crap out of their neighbors. That certainly isn't indicative of a lack of courage, drive or ambition. Rampant militarism and unbridled aggression maybe. As for being submissive, to their own military leadership, yes. "Easily led" I can see though I'm aware of the opposite being the case in some instances and many of those fell victim as well.

What is the root of this apparent lack courage, drive & ambition? I see it as liberalism run amuck. The same liberalism that brought Western Civilization democracy has been morphed into a leftist ideology that paralyzes a will to act and the multiculturalism and moral relativism will be our downfall if we don't cast it aside and deal with our enemies in a united front.

:clap: :clap: :clap: very well put. we as two Great Nations should stay together and fight these evil terrorists.

I have served with British soldiers in Egypt and Afgahnistan and they are fine individuals. I agree that Britain and America must stand together in this fight for if we fail we are all doomed.

That being said I do believe that the majority of Europe has been feminized and suffers from "white guilt complex." There are many conservatives in Europe and Britain but their voices are few and far between. Someday it will be too late for Europe and Britain to act as it appears that the Muslims are producing offspring at a much faster rate than the native population.

The future of Europe and Britain at this very moment hangs in the balance depending on what is done now to deal with Islamic Extremists.

sandblaster":39wh99wv said:
I have served with British soldiers in Egypt and Afgahnistan and they are fine individuals. I agree that Britain and America must stand together in this fight for if we fail we are all doomed.

That being said I do believe that the majority of Europe has been feminized and suffers from "white guilt complex." There are many conservatives in Europe and Britain but their voices are few and far between. Someday it will be too late for Europe and Britain to act as it appears that the Muslims are producing offspring at a much faster rate than the native population.

The future of Europe and Britain at this very moment hangs in the balance depending on what is done now to deal with Islamic Extremists.

the eleven arrested yestersay are in a High security prison, my Husband had to wait for them to be taken into the prison, before he could off load his van full. They go to court for trial, and sentancing in a few weeks time, I say sentancing as I can't see them getting off. I will keep you all posted on what is going on as I find out.

chrisy":thx92dwq said:
Caustic Burno":thx92dwq said:

What about Kings James V1 born 1566 reign 1603 son of Queen Mary Queen of Scots 1546 who become Queen at only 6 weeks old, when her father James V of Scotland died, James V1 was the last ruling Monarch of Scotland alone. He crowned himself as James 1st of England and Ireland, as when Elizabeth 1st died she had no heirs. Not forgetting the most famous of all Robert the Bruce.

The ones I have found to be submissive and easily lead are the Germans, not just because of Hitler, but long before him. It would seem Britain just a little Country, won most of the Wars it fault that is how it got the name Great Britain.

I have Scots, blood running through my veins as well, my Grandfather was Scots. also Brits, refers to anyone from the British Isles, i.e England, Scotland, Northen Ireland and Wales.

Desendant of Matlida of Scotland.

Caustic Burno":1ssg9dkk said:
chrisy":1ssg9dkk said:
Caustic Burno":1ssg9dkk said:

Desendant of Matlida of Scotland.

would that be Maud, Matilda of Boulogne 1105 - 1152

or

Matilda, sister of Scrooge McDuck? as that would make me Magica De Spell :lol:

Latest posts