America has CAB, Canada has...???

Help Support CattleToday:

good job guys, hijack a post to continually banter about something that you guys will never accept or agree upon.

Frankie":36fhvzoe said:
MikeC":36fhvzoe said:
Frankie":36fhvzoe said:
MikeC":36fhvzoe said:
I didn't miss a thing.

From the same study:

Story In Brief

Our objective was to evaluate the effects of Charolais vs Angus sires and the effects of early weaning using a forage-based growing system on subsequent feedlot performance and carcass characteristics. Utilization of Charolais sires was effective in improving live weight, carcass weight, average daily gain and feed efficiency of heifers vs heifers sired by Angus sires.

And still no link. I think you're just making things up, Mike. :shock:

Not a chance.

So why no link? Could this be some Charolais propaganda from the breed association? :eek: Note that it doesn't say utilizing a Charolais sire improved YIELD grades or quality grades over the Angus sired calves. Hmmmm. All that blustering you've been doing about little Angus ribeyes doesn't seem to have been verified in this study, does it? I'll argue all day long about feed efficiency and ADG. We can use the Auburn bull test in that discussion. Angus will hold their own with any breed in that category, plus offer calving ease and fertility. :D
Frankie; You asked MikeC if it was propaganda from the Charolais Assoc.. Could you clarify for my DA if you're saying all Assoc. would spread propaganda, but only Angus Assoc. would not? Not arguing, just wondering.

Well sportsfans, this bickering, not really discussing a subject that some folks are so polarized on is the reason threads get locked. At about this point in time it usually sinks to name calling and blatant insults

dun

dun":3i7s21wt said:
Well sportsfans, this bickering, not really discussing a subject that some folks are so polarized on is the reason threads get locked. At about this point in time it usually sinks to name calling and blatant insults

dun

I've already been called pitiful and accused of making up stuff. :lol:

Frankie is so predictable, I'd bet her arguing the angus bias against someone who told me the sun was gonna rise in the morning. :lol: :lol:

Lock it up, BUBBA! I've had my fun for the day. :lol:

MikeC":1j4u7izp said:
dun":1j4u7izp said:

dun

I've already been called pitiful and accused of making up stuff. :lol:

Frankie is so predictable, I'd bet her arguing the angus bias against someone who told me the sun was gonna rise in the morning. :lol: :lol:

Lock it up, BUBBA! I've had my fun for the day. :lol:

Now that everyone can read the entire report and not just the sections you choose to cut and paste, you're cutting and running? I'm sure we'll talk again since you seem to have nothing good to say about your breed; just enjoy bashing mine.

Roadapple":1iyctpjh said:
Frankie; You asked MikeC if it was propaganda from the Charolais Assoc.. Could you clarify for my DA if you're saying all Assoc. would spread propaganda, but only Angus Assoc. would not? Not arguing, just wondering.

No, I'm not saying that.

Frankie":2z5dbxrk said:
Roadapple":2z5dbxrk said:

No, I'm not saying that.

Sure looked like it to me also Roadapple. :lol:

Some people just have chronic Foot and Mouth Disease. :lol:

Frankie":2nsmxszu said:
Wewild":2nsmxszu said:
Wewild":2nsmxszu said:
But the right Angus genetics can help improve marbling in the product.

At the low percentage in a registered black Lim?

I don't know what percentage Limi can be registered. Some Angus are very high marbling and could IMPROVE marbling, but not necessarily produce a high quality cut of beef.

Let's say it's 93% for the purebreds. ????

Let's say paying attention to marbling in any breed will help improve marbling in your end product. While the Angus breed is known for marbling, they doen't have the highest marbling of any breed. But if you select an Angus bull for positive marbling by using the IMF EPD, along with the other EPDs, you will get cattle that have marbling. How much marbling will depend on the makeup of the cows you're breeding him to. Angus aren't magic. If you crossbreed with an animal that doesn't have marbling, you're not going to get much marbling, no matter what the Angus bull carries. But you will likely get more marbling than if you bred the same cows to a bull with a negative EPD for IMF. Since we don't know the makeup of your black Limi bull, no one can say whether he'll produce high quality beef of not. Ultrasounding him MIGHT help. Just being black doesn't mean much, except he might bring more money at the sale ring because of CAB.

I go ahead and answer for you. What has been called breeding up isn't about the end product. I comes down to what you want to look at in the pasture or skimp a nickle by making CAB.

We seem to still be here raising the cursed continental.

You never responded about why A1 or Heinz was still in business from another thread.

dun":3lic9lvo said:

dun

You got your finger on the trigger?

Latest posts