Amazed...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie

Reaction score
My younger son and I went to a high school orientation last night where the guidance counselor was going to talk about choosing classes at the HS level. It was very informative and I found out that Alvarado schools have some impressive offerings for classes, and their Ag program is wonderful.

Anyway, the principal was speaking at the start of the evening, packed auditorium, and tons of folks were texting, talking on their cells, phones were ringing... He finally had to ask that everyone turn off their phones.

What a shame that he had to ask! If people weren't interested in what was being said, they should have stayed home. And kids running around everywhere during the presentations. Kids that would be starting HS next year and really needed to be listening. Not to mention parents who just dropped their kids off and drove away... And little 13 year old girls dressed like street walkers...

Anyway, just had to vent, I guess. All these wonderful classes and useful information and people too ignorant to get off their dam cell phones to listen... :mad:

At least we got some good info and were able to go home and choose his classes for next year.

People! AARRRGGG!

Sounds like our Commissioners Court monthly meeting. While people that signed up to speak are speaking, the County Judge and most commissioners are either reading something or have a cell phone in their ear. You may as well talk to the wall.

Heck,

I would have kept doing what I was doing just to spite the dude and then sent a letter to the Superintendent and all the members of the Board saying that the Principal was an arrogant prick and I wanted him fired QUICK. I don't know about Texas; but it don't take many complaints to get a principal rolled around here. That is NOT a tenured position in Alabama anymore.

ROCKSPRINGS":26ybu1e5 said:
Sounds like our Commissioners Court monthly meeting. While people that signed up to speak are speaking, the County Judge and most commissioners are either reading something or have a cell phone in their ear. You may as well talk to the wall.

You often hear someone say, "Can we have one meeting here?"

Several of us recently left a meeting and went into a break room nearby. It started kind of weird. The guy on the floor stated, "Obviously no one is interested in the resolution I am proposing so I am excusing myself." Something like that. A few folks expressed complaint so he suggested anyone interested could come to the break room and discuss things. When the officials came dragging themselves in, there were no chairs for them. When they wanted to speak of the agenda, most folks just left. I was doing my very best not to smile on the way out.