Aluminum trailer floor??

Help Support CattleToday:

saltbranch

Reaction score
We just bought a Featherlite aluminum cattle trailer with the aluminum floor. What is everyone using on the floor to help keep cattle from slipping on it? I put 4 calves in it this morning and they had a hard time. I could not image trying to haul an old cow/bull. I'd be afraid they would break a leg or something. Other than that,the trailer pulls/rides great.

I have a Wilson and it had raised 1" long areas all over. This keeps them from slipping in mine. Is yours smooth? Mine has some manure in it but never have a sliding problem. Throw a fed shovels of sawdust in it might help.

kenny thomas":26x8fb0d said:
I have a Wilson and it had raised 1" long areas all over. This keeps them from slipping in mine. Is yours smooth? Mine has some manure in it but never have a sliding problem. Throw a fed shovels of sawdust in it might help.

Its got ridges, but not 1" here is link to same style of floor
http://www.smouse.com/new-2015-featherl ... r-gv4.html

Sounds like mats maybe way to go?

I have mats in mine also. Then I throw shavings down on top of those. Makes it easier to pick up poop and soaks up urine.

saltbranch":3l75jct5 said:
We just bought a Featherlite aluminum cattle trailer with the aluminum floor. What is everyone using on the floor to help keep cattle from slipping on it? I put 4 calves in it this morning and they had a hard time. I could not image trying to haul an old cow/bull. I'd be afraid they would break a leg or something. Other than that,the trailer pulls/rides great.
I use regular horse trailer floor mats and they solved the problem for me.