Aluminum boats

Help Support CattleToday:

3fifty7

Reaction score
Im buying a new boat real soon. Im looking at an Xpress 18 foot 60 inch bottom center console with a 90 hp Yamaha 2 stroke. I have for sale a Alweld 14 foot side console with a 40 hp 2 stroke Yamaha with 50 hours on it.
Anyone else in the boat market buying, selling,or just looking?

I actually bought a similar boat just yesterday. I will try later to figure out how to post pics again and see if I can get it on here for everyone's approval/disapproval.

I bought a new, G3 19ft 66inch bottom,center console with a 90 horse yamaha aluminum boat last year. It's the third one I've owned,I like a G3 boat.But I love them Yamaha motors.

oscar p":tjxbvbcq said:
I bought a new, G3 19ft 66inch bottom,center console with a 90 horse yamaha aluminum boat last year. It's the third one I've owned,I like a G3 boat.But I love them Yamaha motors.

Nice - I like your style

oscar p":11dwwm0s said:
Nice. I looked at that exact boat/motor package. Like you said I like the G3 boats and love Yamahas. Our local G3 dealer can be a jerk/pain/other things I cant list but worst of all he is so arrogant I will not deal with him :mad: . So around its Xpress :!:

gerardplauche,

Be careful buying used boats. It is hard to tell what the previous owner put that motor through.

Sugarman":1b6ygt5e said:
gerardplauche,

Be careful buying used boats. It is hard to tell what the previous owner put that motor through.
Thats right you can inspect the hull, floor & transom but a used motor may be a gamble :!: Like I said I'm partial to Yamahas(to hell and back reliability as far as I'm concerned) try to get an accurate hour count and also find out what gas/oil ratio was run.

357-
You're right. You can look at an aluminum boat and decide for yourself if it's in good shape- but be careful with the motor. I would personally take a used motor to a nearby lake and run it - that is after bringing it to a certified mechanic.

gerardplauche-
Kenny Rogers wasn't afraid of a gamble....are you?

Sugarman":3hngzybt said:
357-
You're right. You can look at an aluminum boat and decide for yourself if it's in good shape- but be careful with the motor. I would personally take a used motor to a nearby lake and run it - that is after bringing it to a certified mechanic.

gerardplauche-
Kenny Rogers wasn't afraid of a gamble....are you?

I actually bought my used boat from a mechanic (of sorts). :shock: He did pitch me a line about the usage hours being higher than actuality, who knows if I was lied to or not. But, they do not call me Kenneth Rogers, Jr for nothing!!! :cowboy:

"a mechanic of sorts" . . . . Dont sound like your hitting on much there :!:
Keep us posted on how thats working out for you.

3fifty7":369kx8s8 said:
"a mechanic of sorts" . . . . Dont sound like your hitting on much there :!:
Keep us posted on how thats working out for you.

I will. I heard that this guy is not very trustworthy, but I believe the boat is in good shape. If I have problems with it, I will demand a full reimbursement, or take it out of his a$$

A couple of years ago I bought a G3 boat, 17 1/2' with 70 hp Yahama 4 stroke. You can't hardly hear the motor running.

I do need to get it before haying season starts in a couple of months.

3fifty7":mau3xvdv said:
Gerald have you gotten pics of the boat yet?
I sold mine yesterday hope to pic up the new one soon :!:

No pics to post yet. You're in the market also? Where abouts do you fish?

Latest posts