alternative way to breaking in

Help Support CattleToday:

aussie_cowgirl

Reaction score
Hey, before i put a halter on a cow i am trying to break in i use a different method which gives them a bit of manners and trust before you go getting close to it when it is tied up. put a chain around its neck so that its not tight but it won't slip over the head. fasten it with a d shackle or just a normal clip. have anout 2m running and have a metal ring on the end. clip a rope (about 5m long, you will realize why... :lol: )to the ring. use the triangle of sight when walking next to it. next to shoulder to stop, behind shoulder to go forward and establish some voice commands. like woah and walk on. walk on is better than clicking your tongue because in a show ring its better than click click click click.... if your animal wont walk, hit it along the side with the chain. this method means you are at a safe distance but the animal still has to become accustomed to you. email me if anyone wants to know more about this technique. For most animals this is a great way to do [email protected]