almost there....

Help Support CattleToday:

grand chaser09

Reaction score
Tomorrow is my show day. I'm very nervous. it's my senior year aka last year at this fair... I have 2 steers this year and my step sister is showing one of them. They've been acting good and listening. But the steer my step sis is showing has a shot at 2 grand champ titles. one for overall show and the other for county bred steer. i've raised him since he was born and this is his second time at this fair[he was a baby when he was here last time]. My blue steer i think has a very good chance at taking it but i'm not gonna get my hopes up. Well wish me luck i'll post pics as soon as i get a chance. OH and grooming is the 6th so there will be pleanty of pics up!

Tori,
You will do fine. Just relax and do what you been taught when your showing. Just be yourself and things will turn out good.
Good luck..and yes, be sure to show us some pictures!

grand chaser09":1zpbvdiv said:
Tomorrow is my show day. I'm very nervous. it's my senior year aka last year at this fair... I have 2 steers this year and my step sister is showing one of them. They've been acting good and listening. But the steer my step sis is showing has a shot at 2 grand champ titles. one for overall show and the other for county bred steer. i've raised him since he was born and this is his second time at this fair[he was a baby when he was here last time]. My blue steer i think has a very good chance at taking it but i'm not gonna get my hopes up. Well wish me luck i'll post pics as soon as i get a chance. OH and grooming is the 6th so there will be pleanty of pics up!
Good luck. Hope all goes well and that you do well.

Good luck and have fun most importantly-two years ago was my last year in 4-H and I miss showing so much-now I have to work all summer since I am supposedly an adult :lol: :lol: ) Hope you win!

thanks for all the support!! i think im over the nerves now that i walked him forever tonight and he did really well. and ther is an upside... he holds his head up by himself unlike fabio. :D well i'll be sure to post pics asap.

Good luck girl. I remember my sons last show in high school very fondly. No matter how it goes down, make it a memory. :cboy:

WELL... i didn't win. and last year was a better year[bc i won everything]. but i had alot of fun.
Baloo won his class and should have won reserve{my bff won the show}. but i don't remeber why he picked the other calf.[but third in show isn't too bad either i guess] but we got third in showmanship because we were both tired and fighting each other lol. and i got 2nd in grooming which sucked because i had won it the past 2 years AND having a blue steer you can't use paint so all i got to use was tail adhesive and he looked sooo good. but the judge[who couldn't tell me what the poll was] told me i needed to clean it up right behind there. :roll: i won skilathon which is a bunch of stations you have to do like equiptment, breeds, byproducts[i was the only one to get them all right], leg structure, medication labels, and parts. missed a perfect score by 1 point. and baloo was the high selling steer [yes, even over the grand champ] selling for 8 a lb. which was really good most went for 2 to 3.
Fabio did amazing as well. he won his class and they got 3rd in grooming. fabio also won the lee county bred and born steer [now everyones asking to get calves from me :D ] he only sold for 2 a lb but thats ok.

i promise to put pics up tonight i passed out when i got home last night and i'm at school right now lol.

heres the pics!!

DSC03771.jpg

thats fabio. he was1088 he was the lee county born and bred steer.

DSC03785.jpg

baloo was 1194.

DSC03781.jpg

DSCN0104.jpg

DSCN0126.jpg

this was in grooming i got 2nd. =[

DSCN0193.jpg

this is my best freind and her grand champ steer. he won the whole show.

fire away!

You did well. Winning your class is still a good thing. Baloo is a looker isnt he?
I think the past few years may have spoiled you, but hey, its a tribute to your hard work. Good job.
Your friend's steer is definitely a fine one.

Even though you didn't win it all it looks and sounds like you had fun and that's all that really matters.

Do you know what breeding the red steer was that won the show?

last year was the best year ever. i won everything. so that might have spoiled me a little. and he was a looker. he made heads turn everywhere.

jovid: the red steer was a heatwave calf and i think he weighed 1350??? not possitive on the weight though.

I like to see people like you that are committed to your livestock project. Keep up the good work! Your calves look good!

angusbreederms i almost live at the barn lol. mom can't ask me if i was raised in a barn because she knows that i pretty much live there :lol:

That's the way I was growing up…

Well…I guess I am still that way!

There is something very relaxing about it.

yes there is. unless your trying to break a calf and gramps fires up the welder 10ft away from you. haha.

Latest posts