Almost my favorite time of year (pics)

Help Support CattleToday:

jscunn

Reaction score
I love the month of September, start calving heifers, bringing in yearling heifers to get them ready to breed in 90 days. The heat is not as bad, and the grass is still growing.
A bred heifer due to calve this month
DSC_0870_edited-2.jpg

A September yearling heifer on grass all summer
DSC_0896_edited.jpg

A three year old cow
6720_Sep2009.jpg

Bred Heifer
29Jun09_714.jpg

Last one another bred heifer
29jun09_702_edited.jpg

alacattleman":3iavn46r said:
good looking females,,, its my favorite time of year too... just something about fall
I agree---Fall and winter seem to be my favorites---Hate heat !! Fine looking cattle and GRASS !!! :tiphat:

Outstanding females, great pics, pleasure to browse and see stuff like this. That's the kind of girth and flesh we breed for in our program. Congrats.

Thanks for all the nice comments. Believe it or not all of the above have been on grass since the spring. I am really proud of how easy fleshing they are.

you have beautiful and healthy heifers. i wish that one day i may learned to purchase the right genes and conformation.

jscunn":1x6p180t said:
Thanks for all the nice comments. Believe it or not all of the above have been on grass since the spring. I am really proud of how easy fleshing they are.
Been on Grass---Can you believe that !! :banana:

Really like the hips on a couple of your females. I thought that CA was the only place in the country that fall calves? You have Herefords & Angus? If you have Horned Herefords, I might just need to come out and check out some of your bulls. We have started breeding some of our cows that our not part of the herd to Angus bulls and we are always on the lookout for a great Hereford bull. Not only that, I have had a real need lately to go back to Disney World and I know that is the only way I could drag my dear hubby out there, maybe the kid too. He is 18 and too cool to just go to Florida to go to Disney World! Everytime I mention it they start moaning about what a money pit it is. Funny, they don't see any humor when I tell them that long range fishing is the same thing!

We are a long way from Disney World (~ 6 hours by car). We are located in the far NW corner of Florida.
We only kept 2 Hereford bull calves intact at weaning and one of them has an appointment with the bander soon, so down to one. The other one is pretty good, a P606 son out of a cow who made the latest dams of distinction list, however we run mostly polled herefords, that particular bull is polled. I will not offer free delievery to CA either. :D

Website (needs to be updated)
http://www.pineridgeblackbaldie.com/

Thanks for your comments, the 3 yr old was purchased as an open yearling heifer but everything else was raised on the place, all the bred heifers were out of natural sires most out of the 4558 bull on the website.

29jun09_702_edited.jpg

702 as a bred heifer

702_9044-28.jpg

702 and her September heifer calf in April 2010

29Jun09_714.jpg

714 as a bred heifer

714_9034-28.jpg

714 and her September heifer calf in April 2010

Latest posts