Alltel

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Has stopped all cell service and closed all stores in Montana.
A big surprise for all customers. All cell service stopped at 1:30pm yesterday afternoon with no notice. The store employees were fired on Friday night at closing time. No notice.

For those who have this service, beware. Some customers had pre-paid for service and will very likely not get a refund. Alot of mad people up here.

I have a Tracfone.

Alltel has been puchased by Verizon and they are in the process of merging services. From what Alltel has told us there will be no changes in service and Verizon will be required by federal rulings to maintain service in all the areas Alltel currently serves. We have been concerned about this because Alltel is the only service that serves the outlying areas-hardly any other cell phone services reach out in the boonies. Let's hope that this is not a trend!

I luv herfrds":3l1goguc said:
A big surprise for all customers. All cell service stopped at 1:30pm yesterday afternoon with no notice. The store employees were fired on Friday night at closing time. No notice.

For those who have this service, beware. Some customers had pre-paid for service and will very likely not get a refund. Alot of mad people up here.

I have a Tracfone.

Tracfone? Someone must have bad credit if they have prepaid cell phone.

cowman30":36arq6zl said:

Has nothing to do with credit. In some cases it has to do with good sense.

dun":2p805lm9 said:
cowman30":2p805lm9 said:

I use less than 10 minutes/mo. I'm not of the cell phone generation. I just want the thing for emergencies, and the family wants to be able to reach me out in the field. Tracfone is a good deal. $100 gets a service for a year and more minutes than I use.

john250":3t4j0xfi said:
dun":3t4j0xfi said:
cowman30":3t4j0xfi said:

I use less than 10 minutes/mo. I'm not of the cell phone generation. I just want the thing for emergencies, and the family wants to be able to reach me out in the field. Tracfone is a good deal. $100 gets a service for a year and more minutes than I use.

We're in the same boat but use Net10. To call our neighbors it's 43 cents a minute using our regular phone, 10 cents a minute with Net10

Holy crap! I have alltel and their data card for my internet, hope to heck they get their poop in a group. Chad is still advertising like crazy on TV..... :?

cowman30":3ciuhyd9 said:
I luv herfrds":3ciuhyd9 said:

I have a Tracfone.

Now if that last statement didn't sound like the tenn.cow master I'll kiss your a$$ and give you time to draw a crowd.

Cal

dun":9k7sjv3j said:
cowman30":9k7sjv3j said:

That's something TNMBP has no knowledge of. As well as common decency and manners.

cowman30":s09nouj7 said:
I luv herfrds":s09nouj7 said:

I have a Tracfone.

You are a tool. Seriously.

I have a prepaid phone because I use my phone seasonally, some months when I am on the show circuit I will use up and over $100 a month, other months when I'm at home I might use $5/month if I'm lucky. So I'll be boogered if I'm gonna go on a plan and pay $20 or $30 a month when some months I wont use it, and then get charged an arm and a leg for the months that I go over. So its pre-paid for me, and would someone please put the donkey away?

Okay, back on track here, forget ol whatshisname... I got a pm from ILH and it seems the local news there got it wrong...Airtel NOT Alltel....

"CKC
MY MISTAKE. I should have double checked the story. It was NOT ALLTEL as was first reported last night on the local news. It was a different cell service with the name Airtel.
MY FAULT! I'm SORRY!

ILH"

I don't have much cellphone reception on the farm so I am also on a prepaid plan. I have a very cheap plan that deducts a certain small amount by debit order and I get 85 anytime minutes that I can let accumulate for 3 months. If I use all 85 minutes I have to buy more talktime. What I didn't know is when they take the accumulated minutes away they take all of them away, not just that what is older than 3 months so one day I had several hundred free minutes the next day I didn't have enough to make a phone call!? :shock:

I assume it must have been a fault, only happened last month for the first time in almost two years that I have been on that plan.

I believe we will see a lot more companies going out of business and a lot more people going from good credit to bad.
Sure is easy to judge others when you still got a pocket full of money. But you better be careful. You could be next.

cowman30":2lbxm8tk said:
I luv herfrds":2lbxm8tk said:

I have a Tracfone.

I would say my credit rating will rival yours about any day Cowman and I have a prepaid phone for my mother because I was doing some changes on my plan and the Alltel rep noticed that phone didn't use but a few minutes per month and she suggested going prepaid with it and it actually saves me about $100 per yr and I also have a prepaid for my 13yr old daughter that way she learns to use her phone wisely I only allow her so many minutes per month if she runs out before that time it is up to her to pay for the extra minutes or do without

So please quit making A$$ANINE COMMENTS and Assumptions because everyone on here already know what part of Assume you are

we have our cell ph on the friends an fam.an we rarely use any of the mins alotted.but we do use it when we have to.but mostly its for emergencies..

Well We use Alltell and we have four phones and we use them a lot. I was glad to hear that Alltel is not closing areas down since they have been merged with Verizon. I am not sure if the consolidation of the cellphone industry is good or not but it sure is a sign of the times as well as with other industries.

Sure glad I don't have to worry about this kinda stuff. :D :cowboy:

I got the BOSS to to handle all these type problems I just don't got time for. :nod:

Jalopy":k373pkob said:
Well We use Alltell and we have four phones and we use them a lot. I was glad to hear that Alltel is not closing areas down since they have been merged with Verizon. I am not sure if the consolidation of the cellphone industry is good or not but it sure is a sign of the times as well as with other industries.

We have Alltel cell phones....nothing else works out here. They made the switch to Verizon about 2 weeks ago and instantly we went from 2 bars to the max....am also presently using the Alltel wireless plug in on the laptop and it's quick as a hiccup.

Latest posts