Allis Chalmers 7045

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Does anyone have one if so what's the good bad and ugly? I don't have any experience with them but figured if one goes cheap enough at a sale im going to in march I may buy it. Are most of the parts available?

I always liked Allis equipment.. In the HD stuff like crawlers and wheel loaders, they're a lot easier to work on than CAT or JD.. they seemed to have servicability in mind when they designed it.

Seems to have lots of power, good for a round baler or something.

Thanks I would buy it if its cheap just to pull an offset disk on the places that I clear is all id use it for.

People are either AC fans, or there not. It was never big in my area. Parts should be your only concern. No parts, no tractor.

Thanks chevy
Heres a pic of it
AC%207045_zpsbgkzl4wc.jpg

I've got one and like it. Pretty easy to work on. Plenty of salvage yards with parts around here and agco still stocks most parts. What are you thinking is "cheep" enough?

M-5":2j3o606f said:
better add 6k or 7k to your 4k

Normally here those brands no matter how nice go cheap at the sales I go too. The most I seen one go for is 5500 after the auctioneer kept begging.

No weights, rear tires look pretty worn. Is it a powershift or power director transmission? Hard to say without seeing it in person but if think you could get it for less then 6k it'd be worth it. 2-4k would be stealing it. Around here the salvage yards will make them bring more then that, but your area maybe different.

I don't know haven't seen it yet auctions in mid march... This is a heavily JD area and Case that tractor or anything else will take a huge hit.

Looks like a good unit for heavy work.. way bigger than I'd ever need... Put a loader on that and you won't need 4x4 to lift bales.. 2 at a time even

Nesikep":2ulie1ze said:
Looks like a good unit for heavy work.. way bigger than I'd ever need... Put a loader on that and you won't need 4x4 to lift bales.. 2 at a time even

They don't make a good loader tractor. Not that you couldn't put one on it but they aren't loader tractors. The noses stick out to far are hard to see out of, just generally not good loader tractors. I've tried to sell mine a few times because I need another loader tractor and don't want to put one on the 7045 or 7020.

Stocker Steve":uictie2l said:
tdc_cattle":uictie2l said:
I've got one and like it. Pretty easy to work on.

How does the tranny hold up? I think they use direct drive with a hi/low power shift?

Biggest problem I've has is with the cables that run between the shifter and transmission binding up. Pretty common problem even 30 years ago from what I've been told. I've replaced several if the cables and had no problems after that. Cables run from $40-$150. The most expensive is thicker and not a problem.