Alliance 6595 or Connealy freightliner

Help Support CattleToday:

bobby

Reaction score
Has anyone kept any heifers from these two bulls? What about
disposition from these bulls?

We have two 6595 females in our herd, one of which just calved to 1407. This heifer has a great disposition and as good an utter as you will find with plenty of milk. We've used 6595 for about 5 years and had all bulls except these two heifers. He has the best bulls in our pasture, and is the most consistent AI bull we've ever used.

I have some 6595 heifers and bull calves. I am really impressed with all of them and they all have great dispositions and they pack on some pounds pretty good without any added feed.

The 6595 cattle aren't flashy yet maybe the best thing IMHO that happened to the breed in the last 10 years. They are fertile, good doing cattle that make excellent stock bulls with the essential tools and yet the daughters make excellent mother cows. You need to protect Alliance and their backleg structure, they aren't horrible, just a little flat on his pastern.

Freightliner cattle would be better on their legs than the 6595's, they come very light at birth, haven't seen enough daughters to know what they make for cows.

I have heard that Jerry Connealy thinks the freightliner daughters are going to be excellent cows, that was second hand information and not directly from him though.

Our 6595 son has a great disposition thus far. here is a pic of him i posted a couple months ago on this board. haven't had any calves out of him yet to tell u anything else.

Cattle06006.jpg
[/img]

Latest posts