ALLERGIES

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't know. I haven't had an issue with it yet. One year it was sycamore pollen, one year it was mountain ceader, one year it was cottonwood, then there's ragweed. I haven't gotten it yet but I normally have a big allergy attack in late winter/early spring. Last year this time I had no voice at all for a week. Head felt like a roasted turkey. I don't talk very much at my job now, so I might avoid the vocal thing. It's bad but temporary.

Just when I thought I might be getting away with it, I got up blowing snot today. Thanks! Ah, the power of suggestion...

Nah, I was out feeding yesterday and the dust was blowing something fierce. It's starting to look like the Dustbowl out there. All that dirt comes out the nose eventually. I blow my nose and it looks like a mud puddle. We need rain fast. I guess it's time to wash the truck.

i m allergic to just about anything that grows or lives, except humans and bees so far.
When hubby and i were past the planning of moving to the farm, I asked my doctor what to do to keep the allergies at bay
Her words:
"Too late, you married him"

I have discovered recently for myself, that honey we produce has reduced the allergy headaches and the sinus problems and allergies to most pollens. It has helped alot. They "experts" say it works and for me it does. The experts say it has to be local honey and raw

rockridgecattle":1ysi8bzc said:
i m allergic to just about anything that grows or lives, except humans and bees so far.
When hubby and i were past the planning of moving to the farm, I asked my doctor what to do to keep the allergies at bay
Her words:
"Too late, you married him"

I have discovered recently for myself, that honey we produce has reduced the allergy headaches and the sinus problems and allergies to most pollens. It has helped alot. They "experts" say it works and for me it does. The experts say it has to be local honey and raw
ditto, it stinks. I'm pretty much a mess all spring and summer from the pollen and animals, and in the fall and winter because of dust....

I used to have horrible allergies every Spring and FAll.. until my doc prescribed Singulair. Ever since I have started taking that stuff, I have not had one single allergy problem. Start taking it around Feb 15th, and quit around Labor Day. Gotta have a subscription though.

Limomike":1bttgkxq said:
I used to have horrible allergies every Spring and FAll.. until my doc prescribed Singulair. Ever since I have started taking that stuff, I have not had one single allergy problem. Start taking it around Feb 15th, and quit around Labor Day. Gotta have a subscription though.

My older son takes that, too. He doesn't have as much of a problem with it in Amarillo as he did here, which amazed me since there is so much wind there. He was allergic bad all year to one thing or another. Even the dog broke him out. It got worse as he got older. Mine did, too. I don't have to take anything regularly, but every now and then, about once or twice a year, something will sneak up and kill me.

Latest posts