Allergies anyone?

Help Support CattleToday:

Just a note, Honey in coffee will not do anything

REASON:

Honey that heals is unpasturized, raw. all the natural goodness is in the raw honey.
Pasturization of honey occurs somewhere in the 65-75 clesius range...converting anyone?
Coffee is usually hotter than that and thus all the reasons it heals, is gone

Lammie, I have seasonal allergies and allergies to life in general. If it has 4 legs, problems, grows in a field or a forest, problem, grows in the fridge problems. I use a product called nasicort. Takes a few weeks to work but works well.

Watch out on the honey. Yes it is good for allergies but can also spike a reaction due to the pollen. Bee safe.

john250":1yrhyyih said:
cattleluvr18":1yrhyyih said:
im allergic to medicated chapstick. its HORRIBLE. my lips swell up to about 4 times there normal size.

In Hollywood, they pay big money to get that done. :)
you would have to pay me some serious 'big money' to have to that happen to me on purpose.

Crowderfarms":bhuzykb7 said:
Here's a simple cure for Allergies. Get some LOCAL Honey. Not the junk off the shelf at Hel-mart, but some produced in your area. Take a tablespoon every A.M. and you'll more than likely build a resistance to Allergies from Pollen, etc.

Honey is one of the things I'm most allergic to. My brother calls me 'the freak of nature' because I'm allergic to just about everything. I can't eat fish or fowl. No legumes (including peas and peanuts), nothing with wheat or wheat flour, no rice, no prepared jams or jellies. Its actually a pretty long list. Outside, I have hay fever to grass, pollen, snow mold, hay, grain dust, saw dust. I'm allergic to most animals including horses, cats and dogs, with cattle being the one notable exception. Even cutting strings on the bales can give me a bad rash some days and on windy days, I always make sure I'm upwind of the hay dust. I take a pile of medication for it and even with all the things I'm allergic to in the country, the air is still cleaner where I live than in most towns or cities where somebody is forever mowing their lawn.
Oddly enough, even though I'm sneezing, wheezing or itchy on a fairly regular basis, the worst thing I find with it is that its difficult to socialize much when you are like this. Most people have at least one house pet so you can't go there without your eyes turning all red and itchy looking. Also, people eat alot of chicken and fish. Most times I try not to mention it. People are very good at being accomodating but when you give them this big long list of things you can't eat, it makes it difficult for them to make a meal. However, if I don't say anything, I often end up sitting down to a nice plate full of potatoes or turnips or corn, which gets you a few odd looks. Then you tell the people that you are allergic and they apologize all over the place. Its just really awkward all the way around. :roll:

Geez, CRR. That is too bad. My older son is allergic to most of the things you find outdoors.

i keep sinus allergies year around.the crapp never stops draining.an kills me bigtime during summer.no food allergies that i know of thank goodness.

Lammie":2wfy7wl4 said:
Geez, CRR. That is too bad. My older son is allergic to most of the things you find outdoors.
Well, I hope they don't get worse for him. I only had a few food allergies as a kid, although I've always had the outdoor type allergies ever since I was about 5 years old. It just seems every year, they get a bit worse. Truth be told, though, the medications they have out now are just head and shoulders above what they had when I first got allergies 30 odd years ago. Now at least most of them are inhaled. I used to take pills and one time I caught a stomach flu where I couldn't keep anything down and I almost died from an asthma attack. I was in the hospital for days. As I said, things are much better these days because teh medications are better.

If I take any sulfa medication, be it orally or subQ, within a day I start getting these water-filled blisters all over my body that lasts for at least a week. And when I wake up in the morning my lips are literally "sewn" shut by some really sticky liquid stuff oozing out overnight, and have to get some hydrogen peroxide or something to unsew them. I had that when I was around 5 or 6 after being treated for my dog bite, and it was disgusting. I was so hideous from all those blisters and mutilated lips and scars on my face that I wouldn't even go to school. Heck I was so bad I wouldn't even DARE look at myself in the mirror. :shock: :(

I'm also bad around smoke, be it campfire or cigarrette smoke. One time I was down-wind from campfire smoke by accident and had really plugged up sinuses for a few days. Pollen from the poplar, pine and spruce trees are not as bad, but they do get my sinuses swelled up enough to get me into sneezing fits for a day or two.

Never got stung by a bee or wasp so I can't say or not whether I'm allergic to bee stings. :) :banana: YET.

Oo yeah - my sister is badly allergic to sulfa drugs too. Me I'm badly allergic to grass. Great for a rancher huh? I also don't like to get up early and I ALMOST like pork better than beef.

At least with the 20 year drought we are in I haven't had much in the way of allergies for years. :eek: :mad: :cry2:

My wife has 3 major allergies: wheat, dust (we live down a gravel road), and cats (she already hated them). She knew she had the wheat allergy but became very sick before being diagnosed as having Celiac (sp) disease. Every time she ate she got sick. She went from 135 lbs to less than 90 in about 2 months before they got it figured out. She can't eat anything with wheat, wheat germ and/or oil, or wheat gluten. Can't have anything with food starch - must be corn starch. She can't have any grain foods that were processed in a facility that handles any wheat or its by-products. She even had to switch shampoos - her's had wheat germ oil in it. It's a good thing we hardly ever ate out, because now it's nearly impossible. We do a lot of shopping at the local health food store - supposedly one of the best in the state. It certainly makes shopping a major ordeal. Takes forever to check labels and costs a small fortune. After almost a year she is back up to 130 lbs. I'm lucky, only allergic to some pollens and have to wear dust masks to mow the lawn or work in the hay.

BB_Agron":tbd2dd6n said:
milesvb":tbd2dd6n said:
Victoria":tbd2dd6n said:
I am allergic to seafood

Join the club. Actually I'm only allergic to shellfish. That allergy didn't show up until I was around 10 years old. Up until then I could eat my weight in shrimp :cry: . You can add bananas to the list (not that I miss them).

As for as allergies go I've been dealt my share of misery. I finally got fed up enough to get allergy tested in my early twenties and went on a weekly regimen of shots. The result was life changing. Right up there with the lasik surgery.

I am in the shell fish allergy club also. Worst part is that here in south La., crabs, crawfish, or shrimp are almost a daily meal staple. I also was able to eat shellfish when I was younger. Mostly I get red watery eyes, but sometimes shrimp, especially boiled, will give me that suffocating feeling. Then it is time to move to fresh air for awhile. A lot of people here claim it probably has something to do with the iodine content. Who knows?

I've heard the same thing.

I can eat crawdad's (freshwater) if I don't overdo it. Beer seems to be something of an antidote if I indulge in too many and start to get the first symptom of a scratchy throat. I'm not kidding about the beer.

I use to have allergies pretty bad ---One day I was watching ophra--(no I don't do that often) They had this doctor on there --who had a netty pot --looks like a little tea pot --anyway you pour water in one nose hole it goes up in your head and comes out the other nose hole ---I laughed and joked with my kids" I need a netty pot" Well at xmas time my daughter gave me one -as a joke --well when no one was looking I tried it ,Since then my allergies have got a lot better ---I use to take this nasal spray (cost 60 bucks a shot ) and it did nothing ----Anyway I use MY netty pot every morning now :D 'And I feel better ---Check it out in the internet

carl

WELL!! After all that,guess I'll not feel so bad about the Cedar! I just sneeze and choak up,nothing like you guys.. MucinX
works great for me **

I've had horrible allergies since I was 6 years old. I'm allergic to everything (trees, grass, animals, dust, pollen, whatever...everything except mold) Anyways, I had sinus surgery this summer, and I still take several medicines, but I've finally got them semi-under control....we'll see when the ragweed starts blooming.

Latest posts