All new Cattlemen to Cattlemen TV shows

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
All new Cattlemen to Cattlemen TV shows

Now premiering each Tuesday evening on RFD-TV and rerunning throughout the week, NCBA's Cattlemen to Cattlemen provides weekly news and features for cattle producers across the country.

This week's show, first aired on Tuesday, Feb. 14, gives reports from the 2007 Cattle Industry Convention and special Valentine's Day features. Next week's (Tuesday, Feb. 20) edition will offer an in-depth look at how ethanol is produced, and what it means for the marketplace. The Feb. 20th show will also give news updates on trade issues and offer tips from experts on how to protect the health of your herd.

After each Tuesday airing, the show is rebroadcast on Wednesdays at 4:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m., and Saturdays at 10 a.m. Make sure YOU tune into NCBA's Cattlemen to Cattlemen on channel RFD-TV, Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. All times are Eastern. Visit http://www.cattlementocattlemen.org for more information!

What is the RFD-channel? How do you get this? I have Comcast cable and about a million channels so maybe I have it and don't know it.

On DISH, it's 9409. Go to their web site for other cable systems. There's also a program called the Cattle Show on Sunday nights, 9:00 our time. (MST)

We are still on the antenna with a digital receiver. I am going to try and tune in on Tuesday. Thanks for the info CB.

Does anyone know of an internet connection we can tune in to?

Frankie":bib74dnv said:
Did you watch the "Cattle Show" last night on RFDTV? They highlighted the National Horned Hereford Breed Registry.

http://www.nhhbr.com/

I've seen that show before. Those were some of the hardest doing herfs I've ever seen, not exactly what I would put on parade to get someone excited about my breed.

cfpinz

cfpinz":q56xff3w said:
Frankie":q56xff3w said:
Did you watch the "Cattle Show" last night on RFDTV? They highlighted the National Horned Hereford Breed Registry.

I've seen that show before. Those were some of the hardest doing herfs I've ever seen, not exactly what I would put on parade to get someone excited about my breed.

cfpinz

That was my thought, too. I've always assumed that those shows are scripted, at least somewhat. But they'd ask each other questions and the answers they got seemed to have very little to do with the question. It was kind of confusing to me.

But those cattle did have horns.

Crowderfarms":gg4uzpbj said:
CB, I saw it, and looks like a good show. Beats all them "Down Under"and "Limp Wristed" horsey shows.

Man I love RFD-TV but I wish there were more about cattle. SOOOOOOOO many horse shows. Makes a fella think about going into the horse trainin business.

cfpinz wrote:
Frankie wrote:

cfpinz

That was my thought, too. I've always assumed that those shows are scripted, at least somewhat. But they'd ask each other questions and the answers they got seemed to have very little to do with the question. It was kind of confusing to me.

But those cattle did have horns.

My favorite was when the talked about black baldys being the best cow in the business... then he threw in except a horned hereford cow. I always thought the hybrid vigor defined was "better than either parent".

I have a dvr and used it to pause and back up and they had a cow with a terrible swing bag on there.

I'v been watchin the cattle features this is the best of the lot but I think they all turn out to be infomercials. Thats my take on most of'em I'v seen, some one shilling for some brand name over all the rest. That is what they have done with the equipment programs also. Just my 2 cents

I used to watch as many of the cattle programs as I could, along with the Ag and farm reports. Unfortunately for whatever dumb reason RFD TV, along with Court TV and a couple other channels have been removed from our service :mad: :mad: . However, they added 3 new shopping channels :roll: :roll: .

Katherine

The new show looked good, but the cattle show is just a infomercial. Those herefords did look horrible.

Workinonit Farm":1odsu3na said:
I used to watch as many of the cattle programs as I could, along with the Ag and farm reports. Unfortunately for whatever dumb reason RFD TV, along with Court TV and a couple other channels have been removed from our service :mad: :mad: . However, they added 3 new shopping channels :roll: :roll: .

Katherine

In that case just slip on by Tuesday evening and make yourself at home. If you're feeling brave you can try what the wife's fixed for supper and after the shows if you're in for some entertainment I'll go stick my tongue on the fence. :lol: And don't forget to bring Gale and her frying pan. :lol:

cfpinz

I do have to agree that the cattle show is just an infomercial. I watched cattleman to cattleman and it might be something I get to like, but it replaced one of my favorites "The prairie farm report".Its gonna take some getting used to. You just cant beat some of those contraptions they came up with on PFR

Latest posts