Alisonb

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
5,354
Reaction score
25
Location
South Africa
ANAZAZI":n8pmf3yk said:
flinthillscowboy":n8pmf3yk said:
does that mean "sleep"???
Happy Birthday!
Silly you! It is her cat or something... :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Morpheus is the mythical god of sleep or pleasant dreams not my cat ANAZAZI :p

So let me tell you more. A little while ago my younger brother was diagnosed with cancer of the jawbone, he would need the jawbone removed and reconstructive surgery using a bone from his lower leg. A 15hr operation took place on Tuesday, I went to visit him early the following day in ICU, he was on a ventilator, had a tracheostomy and was obviously heavily sedated but recognized me. He was being closely monitored in case of bleeding. Visited again that afternoon and found that he had been taken off the ventilator but the swelling had increased. On Thursday I found him agitated and angry as he could not speak and thus communicate his needs to the staff, they had to sedate him again. By the afternoon he was calmer but kept on writing me a message "suicide". I sat with him for ages trying to convince him everything would be alright and that the surgeon was very happy with his progress. Friday morning arrived and I again rushed off to hospital not knowing what to expect. Here's the good part, he had been transferred to the recovery ward and as I rounded the corner into his room, there was my little brother(he's over 6ft ;-) ) sitting up in his bed looking very swollen but quite bright. That was the best birthday present one could ever receive :D .

Today the trach pipe was removed and he could have a conversation with me. When I arrived he beckoned me over, put his arms around me and absolutely sobbed with relief. When I left he managed to smile. I just pray that he will continue recovering and that all will be well.

Thanks for the BD wishes all.
 

ANAZAZI

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
2,946
Reaction score
2
Location
Sweden
alisonb":2ubsavmv said:
So let me tell you more. A little while ago my younger brother was diagnosed with cancer of the jawbone, he would need the jawbone removed and reconstructive surgery using a bone from his lower leg. A 15hr operation took place on Tuesday, I went to visit him early the following day in ICU, he was on a ventilator, had a tracheostomy and was obviously heavily sedated but recognized me. He was being closely monitored in case of bleeding. Visited again that afternoon and found that he had been taken off the ventilator but the swelling had increased. On Thursday I found him agitated and angry as he could not speak and thus communicate his needs to the staff, they had to sedate him again. By the afternoon he was calmer but kept on writing me a message "suicide". I sat with him for ages trying to convince him everything would be alright and that the surgeon was very happy with his progress. Friday morning arrived and I again rushed off to hospital not knowing what to expect. Here's the good part, he had been transferred to the recovery ward and as I rounded the corner into his room, there was my little brother(he's over 6ft ;-) ) sitting up in his bed looking very swollen but quite bright. That was the best birthday present one could ever receive :D .

Today the trach pipe was removed and he could have a conversation with me. When I arrived he beckoned me over, put his arms around me and absolutely sobbed with relief. When I left he managed to smile. I just pray that he will continue recovering and that all will be well.

Thanks for the BD wishes all.

Wow! Say hallo to him from us, will you?
 

alisonb

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
5,354
Reaction score
25
Location
South Africa
ANAZAZI":1ua5n7vm said:
Wow! Say hallo to him from us, will you?
Will do, thanks ANAZAZI.

I do believe in the power of prayer so every prayer sent will be greatly appreciated.
 

ANAZAZI

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
2,946
Reaction score
2
Location
Sweden
alisonb":3cr14ko4 said:
ANAZAZI":3cr14ko4 said:
Wow! Say hallo to him from us, will you?
Will do, thanks ANAZAZI.

I do believe in the power of prayer so every prayer sent will be greatly appreciated.

Duely noted and taken care of.
 

Workinonit Farm

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 4, 2004
Messages
7,161
Reaction score
15
Location
Ctrl Virginia
alisonb":1nbaxeah said:
there was my little brother(he's over 6ft ;-) ) sitting up in his bed looking very swollen but quite bright. That was the best birthday present one could ever receive :D .

A WONDERFUL birthday gift indeed!!

Sorry I'm late, but sounds like your birthday was a good one.

Prayers to your brother for a quick and uncomplicated recovery.

Katherine
 

larryshoat

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 23, 2007
Messages
3,475
Reaction score
0
Location
Ohio
Happy Birthday Alison, sounds like it's been a tough one, I hope you've been able to enjoy some of it.

You and your brother are in my prayers.

Larry
 

chrisy

Well-known member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
11,543
Reaction score
2
Location
England United Kingdom
Alison sorry to hear about your brother, glad to hear that the operation seems to be a success, let us know how he is getting along..God Bless and prayers are winging their way to you both.
 

alisonb

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 11, 2009
Messages
5,354
Reaction score
25
Location
South Africa
Thanks everyone for the wishes and prayers, they mean a lot. Ohiosteve, good song I haven't heard it in an age. :D

Well, the little brother improves daily, every time I visit he has fewer bandages and pipes. The swelling has subsided substantially. He is still being fed via feeding tube. He is expected to be discharged on Wednesday??? He really doesn't know what to do with himself, no talk of suicide now, he just wants to get out and live - a bit like a caged animal. It must have been very traumatic for him.

He is not out of the woods yet, the lab results on biopsies and lymph glands will be known tomorrow so all we can do is hope and prayer for the best.
 

ANAZAZI

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
2,946
Reaction score
2
Location
Sweden
alisonb":1e6e4fw1 said:
Thanks everyone for the wishes and prayers, they mean a lot. Ohiosteve, good song I haven't heard it in an age. :D

Well, the little brother improves daily, every time I visit he has fewer bandages and pipes. The swelling has subsided substantially. He is still being fed via feeding tube. He is expected to be discharged on Wednesday??? He really doesn't know what to do with himself, no talk of suicide now, he just wants to get out and live - a bit like a caged animal. It must have been very traumatic for him.

He is not out of the woods yet, the lab results on biopsies and lymph glands will be known tomorrow so all we can do is hope and prayer for the best.

Good to hear he is on the right path and healing. Keep us posted?
 

Latest posts

Top