Alcohol,Computer and Birds

Help Support CattleToday:

Angus Cowman

Reaction score
the Great State of Mental Distress ( Florida)
I have this friend that has this little problem, He built a chicken house and was gonna raise some chickens then decided not to raise chickens but instead was gonna raise some quail,chukkars and maybe another species of birds. I don't really remember the specifics as I was laughing pretty hard at that point in the story

Well this friend ordered him 150 birds for his new birdhouse condo and all was well. His birds should be arriving anyday now and he is waiting impatiently for their arrival, when yesterday he gets a call from his lovely wife that they have a couple of boxes at the post office for him(she is a postal carrier) and my friends is bewildered because he doesn't know why his birds would be at the post office

Then he vaguely recalls a nite involving too much alcohol and him being on the computer and ordering birds, as it turns out he has ordered 450 birds for his new bird condo which is only built for about 150 birds
on a side note this friend is not from Arkansas, he lives in the northern part of the Great state of Missouri and he runs a few cows

The moral of this story is Don't play on the computer when you have been imbibing of the bottle

Can any of you guess who this friend is?
I will give ya hints later on

That's funny! Be even more funny if he ordered peacocks, fancy pigeons and all kinds of birds in his "altered state".

But the good news is, a coop for 150 adult birds should be big enough for 450 day-old chicks (keets, goslings, whatever :lol2: ) for awhile and he will have time to get something else put together.

Whodunnit?

I had a friend one time that got durnked up and ordered like 100 knives 3 times one night from some infocomercial on tv. He was giving knives to everyone. I can't understand someone who would order live animals under the influence. If they built a chicken house that cost $6000 and then screwed up ordering the chickens cuz' of alcohol, I would think their wife would be pi$$ed. gs

plumber_greg":3q6zz1lu said:
I had a friend one time that got durnked up and ordered like 100 knives 3 times one night from some infocomercial on tv. He was giving knives to everyone. I can't understand someone who would order live animals under the influence. If they built a chicken house that cost $6000 and then screwed up ordering the chickens cuz' of alcohol, I would think their wife would be pi$$ed. gs
I would say she is especially since she probably had to deliver the birds also :lol:

I quit drinking before I had a computer, but years ago I used to get drunk and order crap from QVC. Mostly cheap men's jewelery and sports memorabilia. Got rid of most of it, but I still have an autographed picture of Steve Carlton and a dozen autographed baseballs. I still can't figure out who's autograph is on one of the balls.

I thought this person would of known better than that as he is a successful business man and has raised some very intelligent children
I know now that they got their daddy's smarts cause I know his wife (their mother) still has hers cause she would never do something like that :nod: :nod:

I thought I was getting 50 quail, 50 chuckars, and 35 pheasants. Thought it was strange my birds were 2 days early, but that was ok. When I started unpacking them I wondered why the quail and chuckars looked alike. I had never seen a chuckar before. So I started counting, and in the first box I had the number I had ordered. Thought they sent me extra, since the people from N. Dokota had been really helpful. Well, I opened the next box, expecting pheasants, and it was crammed full of birds. Then it dawned on me, I thought "Oh, no". Looked at the box, and it was from some place in Pa. I would have liked to seen the look on my face at that time. Don't worry though, 2 days later right on time, I got my stuff from N. Dokota. Went to wal-mart and bought some kid pools and have birds everywhere. I probably will raise every bird I have, won't be lucky enough to lose some. Maybe AG is right, I need supervision as an adult also. gs

:lol2: :lol2: Maybe you could trade some of those "extra" birds "they" sent you for about 25 or 30 lbs of "extra" spices "they" sent me. ;-) :lol2:

I made a similar error in judgement one time but I was stone cold sober. Remember when they used to sell chicks that were dyed around Easter?? I wanted to get a couple of them for our son but hubby said NO. But I thought our boy would really like them and 2 baby chicks wouldn't be any trouble, so I went behind his back to my mother in law, gave her the money and asked her to go get them. If they came from his mom, hubby wouldn't be mad, see? So she agreed and her and my SIL went to the feed & seed to get them. Only they ran amuck and they bought a dozen baby chicks, plus 2 of everything else they had! So instead of 2 blue chicks we got boxes and boxes of peeping baby poultry. We had no coop or outdoor place for them, had to start them in the house, go buy heat lamps, different kinds of feed, it was a mess! And MIL and SIL couldn't keep a secret so my scheme was busted. Hubby was mad at me, but not them?????

That is too stinking funny. Makes me feel better about my Gulf incident.

Things are gonna get interesting at your house, bird wise...

Back years and years ago, my dad was in the post office and the person working said that there were some birds that had not been picked up and they were going to sell them to whoever wanted them. Dad bought them. It turned out to be 400 rooster chicks. I don't know what he did with them. He had a big poultry house back then, and he also raised quail for a while. It was before my time.

Thanks for devulging AC. I find this hilarious as only someone that has been in similar circumstances can :oops: . Greg, you still have the tunnel if you run out of space :lol: .

That's frigging hilarious.

For a minute there, I thought Pops had fallen off the wagon.

On a lighter note, I find the posters here at Cattle Today much more amusing when I'm drunk. I wonder if there's a breathalizer unit you can hook to the computer to block you from getting to ebay and the likes if you're tanked?

Latest posts