Alaska: Last Frontier

Help Support CattleToday:

504RP

Reaction score
Was watching Alaska: Last Frontier show tonight and have to say Otto's Cattle are in really good body condition. Guess maybe it is that Alaskan grass that does it ?

I haven't watched for a while. I used to think the cows looked good they were in there workin clothes most of the time. Just grass or hay year around, they'd have to be bred for it.

Cattle there would definitely have to be tough. I was always curious how they marketed their cattle in a location that remote. I'd say they would probably have to haul them a ways.

They make it sound like they are in the middle of nowhere but , in reality, they are close to Homer and not that far from Seward. Still lots of empty space not far from them but they have lots of neighbors.

Wouldn't think food would be hard to sell up there and I am sure they have some hardy bred cattle. Only seen the show a time or two and only little glimpses of a cow in the background.

Always had a thing for the one's daughter, Jewel. She can sing and is absolutely beautiful.

Wouldn't think food would be hard to sell up there and I am sure they have some hardy bred cattle. Only seen the show a time or two and only little glimpses of a cow in the background.

Always had a thing for the one's daughter, Jewel. She can sing and is absolutely beautiful.
Road trip?

Cattle there would definitely have to be tough. I was always curious how they marketed their cattle in a location that remote. I'd say they would probably have to haul them a ways.
Locals prefer free moose meat and halibut.

When they round up wild cattle on Alaskan islands, they showed them being barged south to the west coast for processing. Shrink could be an issue after being chased by a helicopter and then on a boat for a day or so.

Locals prefer free moose meat and halibut.

When they round up wild cattle on Alaskan islands, they showed them being barged south to the west coast for processing. Shrink could be an issue after being chased by a helicopter and then on a boat for a day or so.
They have to spend a lot more than a day or so on a boat to get to the west coast.

So does Ty Murray, must be a cowboy thing ;)
They are divorced. He's re-married. Looks like an upgrade to me but she may be high maintenance..

She was a Miss Sprint (racing) but got fired when some college days nekkid photos emerged on to the internet.

Attachments

• upgrade.jpg
    upgrade.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 22
They are divorced. He's re-married. Looks like an upgrade to me but she may be high maintenance..

She was a Miss Sprint (racing) but got fired when some college days nekkid photos emerged on to the internet.

I knew they were divorced. I would still take Jewel any day. Ty Murray is a legend all his own and as cowboy as anybody to ever put on a hat. His training from back in the day is really interesting to read about. Now back to cows in Alaska…………..😂

There's a man from here in Wayne County that raises cattle in Alaska, I've read about him in Farmweek. They have a Highland/Angus cross. Not sure where they're located exactly.

Latest posts