Alarm Clock Snafoo

Help Support CattleToday:

k alton

Reaction score
When I stumbled into bed last night and set the alarm I obviously set the time forward 2 hours. My wife and I were fully dressed in the bathroom fixin to get the kids up for church at what we THINK is 7:00am when wife says "Honey, it sure is dark this morning." We check watches, it is really 5:00am. She is not really happy with me since she was up cleaning/preparing for company until after midnight :eek:

Do those of you who live on real farms use alarm clocks? Or do you just get up when you hear the roosters? :)

I have an internal alarm clock. If I don't get out of bed at a predefined time I will get this WARM FEELING. Know what I mean.

When I was a teen ager I couldn't believe how early my parents got up on weekend mornings. You could hear the coffee cups hitting the counter or table. It wasn't daylight yet. I couldn't figure out why they would get out of bed and make coffee, just to sit there and wait for it to get daylight.

I am now worse than my parents ever were. I forget to turn off the alarm clock in the morning. I'll be sitting in the living room watching the news and have to come into the bedroom and turn off the alarm clock.

I wouldn't consider this lucky, but I haven't used an alarm clock in years. There are times I wish I could sleep until 9 or 10 sometimes. But I'm usally awake be 5:30 and up by 6.

Alan

k alton":2df8htdc said:
When I stumbled into bed last night and set the alarm I obviously set the time forward 2 hours. My wife and I were fully dressed in the bathroom fixin to get the kids up for church at what we THINK is 7:00am when wife says "Honey, it sure is dark this morning." We check watches, it is really 5:00am. She is not really happy with me since she was up cleaning/preparing for company until after midnight :eek:

Do those of you who live on real farms use alarm clocks? Or do you just get up when you hear the roosters? :)

Our Governor made this same mistake with a whole durn state. :mad:

backhoeboogie":uoix3cj8 said:
I couldn't figure out why they would get out of bed and make coffee, just to sit there and wait for it to get daylight.

I still can't figure it out - Dad gets up at 5 or so, stumbles out to the living room, sits down in his chair and usually goes back to sleep until around 7 - then fusses at me because I'm not up before 7 (or 7:30 :oops: ). :? :? What am I missing here? :???:

Latest posts