Alabama Cattlemen's Convention

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes. Be there Saturday only.

It will be great to meet up with you again since you guys are so far away from us... :shock:

Scott

It is truly sad that we have to drive 5 hours to see you when we pass your place every day lol. Were you having a calf breaking at your place last weekend when I went by I saw a bunch of cars and figured you were working with the kiddos and their calves.

gizmom

I have backed out of going. I have some cows due to calve and this cold snap has decided I will stay home. I have a friend going tomorrow and Saturday.

yep were leaving early tomorrow morning and staying till Sunday morning. Scott we aren't young like you heck I will be tired from just getting there lol. As my dear old mamma always said this getting old isn't for sissies!

gizmom

Leaving Saturday morning, and trying to get there in time for the trade show and a couple of sessions. More of a getaway weekend for me and Tiffany than anything else, she loves to eat at the Cheesecake Factory in Birmingham. We will do that Sunday on the way home. Be careful the weather looks crappy for Huntsville tomorrow afternoon.

gizmom":g00urm18 said:
Well we just arrived in Huntsville and it's snowing freaking cold for this Florida girl.

Gizmom
I'm only up the road, and I hope the roads are clear enough to make it there in time in the morning...

jscunn":lzhnsjm1 said:
Gizmom
Did you leave yet?

Yaw should exchange cell numbers.........Just kidding

Did you guys learn anything, or see something new.

Scott

No we haven't left but we just got back to the room and I saw your post. Congrats to you and your family for your award, you guys deserved it! It was good seeing you even if we did have to drive 5 hours. Y'all be safe on the way home. We have had a good time, some good programs, I always love hearing what cattle fax has to say and have found they are pretty spot on. Zoetis had a very informative program as well. No matter how many of these type programs you go to you can always learn something new or different. Oh I got to shoot the vet gun pretty cool way to administer fly control ( I was actually a pretty good shot).

We enjoyed the awards banquet tonight the scholarship presentations sure does make you feel good. I guess it is knowing that these young men and women are going to be our future leaders. Congrats to each and every one that received a scholarship. Thanks also to those that work so hard to raise the funds to make these scholarships possible.

Gizmom

Gizmom
Thanks. Hats off to you for you for bidding and buying those items at the benefit auction. Kids will get scholarships because of your generosity. Thank you.
Maybe Ronnie will be good enough to get a new chute one day.. :lol:

Thanks Scott, we only got one of the items we bid on but it was for a good cause. We got the semen collection package offered by Lookout Mountain genetics. We are going to have our Sinclair Rito 9R9 bull collected (hopefully if he freezes) once we pull him off the cows. We have two and three year old daughters in production out of 9R9 and they are doing a great job for us. We feel he is worth collecting based on the daughters, it doesn't hurt that his bull calves are customer favorites as well. Did you get to the Cheesecake Factory? And Highgrit is right I need your dang phone number lol I was going to call you and realized I don't have it.

gizmom

Yes we made it to the cheesecake factory.

Let me know how you like lookout mountain, I have a friend who needs a collection place, he lives in TN so lookout mountain is closer than anything else.

as far as a phone number I will send you a pm.

Latest posts