AL pasture lease

Help Support CattleToday:

JGcattle

Reaction score
I hope this isn't considered advertising. I've been searching for pasture leases within an hour of Birmingham, AL. I haven't really found a place on the internet that has any land leases listed in the whole state. Any suggestions?

I just leased 50 acres after looking for nearly a year. I ended up finding land after making contacts by calling any business that has anything to do with farming in a 50 mile radius. Feed mills, ag extension offices, farm insurance companies, hardware stores. I even knocked on a few doors of farmers close to my home. I got a few leads from a craigslist ad I posted, but none were feasible for my current location and the facilities they offered. It took so long, I thought it was hopeless. But it worked out. Good luck.

The best way to find land to lease in bama is go door to door. Ive advertised before with no response. One of mu buddies went door knocking and had four places in an afternoon. Just look for empty pastures. Which direction are you trying to go?

I'm in Hoover (southwest of bham)..grew up raising cattle, got a masters and PhD in agricultural economics, and now I work in the corporate office of a bank. Not sure what happened.haha. I don't want to buy land yet as we may move in a couple years, but would like to get 20-50 head going in the meantime...south of town on I 65 is best but I'm open to other directions

I live about 10 miles NE of Nashville, Tn. and finding land to lease for cattle has been impossible. I haven't knocked on doors yet so maybe that's why but I've put out ads and lots of them with nothing but an occasional response saying they have 5 acres, not fenced and will rent it for $500 a month--they just don't get it and are obviously not cattle people. I'm willing to go within 45 minutes in any direction.

South of town is hard. Shelby county has become so populated your gonna have a hard time finding anything there. You might could go south of calera down to about clanton or west of montevallo out toward centerville. Sometimes you can find hay land on craigslist