Ain't she pretty?

Help Support CattleToday:

she's 18 days old can't tell keeper quality at that stage. If I was to eat her it's because it took her mom over 2 years to get bred!

cowgirl_telly_369":34wy58ga said:
She's out of a cow I posted about before. Her mom finally got pregnant after us trying for 2+ years! Opinions?

PB240209.JPG

If you want to sell her I will buy her.! shes adorable. You must of really liked her dam for trying for 2 years

cowgirl_telly_369":6ik8wqr6 said:
She's out of a cow I posted about before. Her mom finally got pregnant after us trying for 2+ years! Opinions?

PB240209.JPG
Pretty is as Pretty DOES - and with a dam that took two years to get pregnant, I would not even think about keeping her for a replacement or even as a member of a breeding herd. Profit does not come from Pretty! Profit comes from PERFORMANCE - and two years to get pregnant after diligent attempts is NOT profitable.

Conception rate is a low heritabilty factor, I concede, but there must be a reason it took two years to get the dam pregnant. You might do a fertility check and see if there is something that is the causitive factor for her hard conception history. If your entire herd shows those signs, you had better have a vet or a nutritionist do a real review of your management protocols.

DOC HARRIS